Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank
That is the answer! (or question?)

We garden for past 3years (this past 3rdvyear was very hard.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
kellynh
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Yellow squash, cukes, tomatoes, and string beans only. They thrive for me!!
gmadiane
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I would love to garden but because of where I am I cant

sukainah
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I don't have a garden, not much of a green thumb LOL

SusanTheWriter
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I had a gorgeous herb garden at our last house, but haven't been on the ball enough for the last two years to start a new one at this house. I mean to change that this spring and get stuff planted!

Hippie.Gypsy
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Arizona, up in the central-northern part so you dig down 2 inches and hit rock lol.

Quoting powow65:

What state you in?

Quoting Hippie.Gypsy:

I garden too... and this post reminds me I gotta go dig it out again *facepalm* lol, oh the joys of gardening.

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I garden and garden and garden. We actually share a garden with my sister's family and then there's lots left over for anyone else that needs it. Just the basic's...corn, green beans, peas, lima beans, tomato's, hot pepers and potato's. Tried red sweet corn one year and it was expensive but had an awesome taste to it. Only problem was the kids wouldn't eat it because when you boiled it the pretty red color turned an yucky brown.

HisSweetheart07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:00 PM

We have in the past but this year we didn't. We probably won't again this new year either. Simply because we have to put our focus on other item right now and don't have time to tend the garden along with everything else that will be going on. 

My uncle has a garden that I can help with and get fresh veggies from if we want any. I also have two apple trees and a pear tree in our yard. 

Larsbug
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I would if my dogs wouldn't dig it up! They just can't control themselves.

Rain2Rinse
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM
I keep saying I will, but I haven't. Maybe this year!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suziejax
by Suzie on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:43 PM

i have tried 2 years in row with tiny yeild :( but I learned more for next time. Last year I stuck with herbs & flowers did much better. 

Dont know when we are moving so not sure if I will get to garden this go round at all. I will how ever do herbs in doors at least.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)