Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Any "good will" stores around you?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:17 PM
  • 39 Replies
We have one but really....... IMO just junk. Sad to say. :(
No yarn, no good or any furniture, books & appliances are looking like they're on their last legs & hopping sadly around.

Who would put junk in that store & pay 2/3rds the normal store price from 1990's?!

Ps, I AM being honest too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this
The one near us is awful. It stinks to high hell in there and the prices are way too much.
4kidz916
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:49 AM

There are three in the town next to us and it's hit or miss if you'll find good items.  There is one about 40 min away that is in a more upscale area and they have good finds but I rarely get there.  

IncognitoOne
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Sometimes you can get a crazy good deal here, but I usually have to travel to another county to get the best deals.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deadlights86
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Yes and I find a few good things in there sometimes. Its a hit and miss really most of the time its junk thats why the crap is there lol. There is also a thrift store up the street and I got a bread machine there for 10 bucks.

Amy127
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:06 AM
2 moms liked this
We have a resale shop or 2 but it's mostly junk. And overpriced. Even the nearest goodwill is overpriced in my opinion. $2 for a used kids shirt when I can buy new from kohls for $1.80 no thanks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:10 AM

a brand new one by me but no I do not donate there nor buy there

Moms_Angels1960
Do you ever just get tired of crap? I know I am feeling that way lately.
Thursday at 6:52 PM
by Cheryl on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Yes, we have Goodwill, Salvation Army, Thrift stores,Consignment shops, I think for getting the stuff for free it's all over priced yet that is where I find things at sometimes.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:26 AM

We have one close by and it is awful and overpriced. There are 2 I love but they are pretty far

natesmom1228
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes we have them, but they are pretty dirty.

kellynh
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:34 AM
The actual "Good Will" store sucks!! We do have a thrift store that has about 1000+ kids clothes sized NB to 4t in a huge double bin for $1 each. I was shocked... Children's place, gap, Gymboree, awesome!!! I'll spend an hour sorting through!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement