Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

i would like to work from home, but how can i do it?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:42 AM
  • 50 Replies

i need a job, and i also want to go to school.

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4kidz916
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Here's a bump for you.  I've been looking for a work at home job too.  Good luck!

Jers.
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this

What kind of job are you looking for?  Are you going to school full or part-time? What kind of skills do you have?  Are you looking to have your own biz or a direct sales biz?

I've worked from home for 20 years - first only part-time and now full.  I have my own business and I also do direct sales which I'm phasing out of in the next few months.

Paparazzi5bling
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this

With Direct Sales you can make your own hours, that's about as flexible as it gets.  I do Paparazzi - I schedule parties for days when my husband is off so we don't have to worry about childcare.  Paparazzi is one of the newer companies - $5 jewelry and accessories and I do really well at the parties because people don't feel guilty about spending $5 and they dont have to wait for their orders to come in.  They take their purchases home that day.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Babysit

gmadiane
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I know there are a lot of online things but I dont know whats legit and whats not, babysitting is always a good way if your able, when I went back to school I worked outside of the home all day and school all evening but my kids were older

sukainah
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM

This...

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Babysit

HisSweetheart07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I sell Pampered Chef from home. I work it around my schedule. You can just do catalog shows or Facebook shows without ever having to leave your home. You can do it as much as you want or as little as you want. 

sparkyco2
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

i clean houses on the side.... i currently only clean 4 but at one time i had 10 houses.  this week alone i made 280.00 cleaning two houses and for the rest of January i will make about 870.00 more....

i started cleaning when i was in school, there was a lot of flexibility in it for me and the classes i had.

powow65
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:09 AM

wow! way to go hun!

(silly question..... is there classes for it?) i know, i have a book from "Better homes" & its called "making a Home house keeping for Real Life" & it taught me alot but i know there are more to REALLY cleaning house's.!

Quoting sparkyco2:

i clean houses on the side.... i currently only clean 4 but at one time i had 10 houses.  this week alone i made 280.00 cleaning two houses and for the rest of January i will make about 870.00 more....

i started cleaning when i was in school, there was a lot of flexibility in it for me and the classes i had.

powow65
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

if you can craft, some websites you can sell.

um, try becoming a "dog/animal sitter or walker".

GL. idk, check on http://www.ehow.com/ & type in "stay at home jobs"

also check "freelance writer" too. but GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)