Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have any big splurge items?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:55 AM
  • 25 Replies

So I read on a friends fb page she needs another Coach purse, and it made me think I have no splurge items or must haves, my clothes and accessories dont have to be designer, I dont think there is anything wrong with it if you can comfortably afford it but I dont. 

Do you have any big splurge items?

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sukainah
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

We can't afford it and I'm not really interested in them.  But if you can afford it and have an interest in it, then why not!

Remsmom
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't have any specific items, but I did spend a decent amount total on new clothes when I came back to work this year. I needed to go up a size after I had our daugfhter in April.

Amy127
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't need designer brands, I tend to buy for quality though. IMO, popular names aren't always the better quality. But when they are, and in things that matter like my tennis shoes, I will pay a little bit more.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rjsmommy214
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:11 AM
2 moms liked this

no not really. someday i will get a coach purse damnit!

Paparazzi5bling
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

i got a coach purse for christmas... then when my husband was waiting for his background check at dick's for his shotgun i walked to the coach store in the mall and found another one i love... but alas, since he just got me one it will be a long long while before i get a new one.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I don't really have any real splurges. Nutella I guess lol.

gmadiane
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:46 AM

lol

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

I don't really have any real splurges. Nutella I guess lol.

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Tennis shoes are the only thing I splurge on. The cheap ones just don't hold up and since my feet aren't growing any they last me a long time which actually saves me money in the long run since I buy on sale only.

HisSweetheart07
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope. Honestly I think the most expensive thing that I buy for myself is coffee for my Keurig lol 

Larsbug
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:25 PM

DH bought me a new van for Christmas... that was a HUGE splurge item, but for the safety of our kids it was needed too so I can't really complain  :0)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)