Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have any big splurge items?

Posted by   + Show Post

So I read on a friends fb page she needs another Coach purse, and it made me think I have no splurge items or must haves, my clothes and accessories dont have to be designer, I dont think there is anything wrong with it if you can comfortably afford it but I dont. 

Do you have any big splurge items?

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Replies (21-25):
cjsmom1
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:07 PM

1. My purse should have been a splurge item. I absolutely love Vera Bradley bags, but they're normally like $60. I like the colors, patterns, and most of all they're great quality bags. I went to the outlet on Black Friday and get them for $16 each

2. My othersplurge is my sneakers. I wear them for work everyday so they need to be super comfy. I was lucky and found $65 Nikes (the best sneakers imo) on sale and got two for $75.

allyn9
by Carey on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Computers are where I splurge.  I know they cost more, but I love Apple products and have always used them.  I love my new MacBook Pro - it was my splurge!

alliesmom112
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I will splurge on my purses. I am a fan of Coach too but I will go to the outlet and get one clearance and use their other coupons. I can get a $400 purse for $100-150. 

alliesmom112
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I do splurge once a week on Starbucks coffee once a week. 

sneakers are also a splurge for my whole family. When I have bought cheap shoes in the past they seem to fall apart in like 2 weeks. That being said we do buy our shoes at Shoe Carnival and Rack Room Shoes so they are buy 1 get 50%

mckinneymom918
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:07 AM
We used to get starbucks whole bean. BUT we found an awesome whole in the wall place that roasts their beans fresh- bag is stamped with day of roasting (a week ago usually!) sooooo much better!

Quoting jalex:

Mine is coffee, has to be starbucks whole bean.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)