Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Well, like most women I get nervous to let my DH go shopping for anything by himself! He doesn't shop around for the best deals, typically, and he just likes to spend money. Haha. Well, our oldest son has been sick so I stayed home and let my husband go shopping for dress clothes he needs for work and class. I was nervous! Well, he goes to Marshall's (a discount clothing store here) and finds a reversible belt (black on one side and brown on the other) for $12.99 that was originally $24.99. Score! Very nice belt too. I was happy! Then he goes to another discount clothing store here called Gabriel Brothers. They have clothing that has either been sewn wrong or just a name brand store has had overstock and so they mark the prices down...waaay down. Well, he is a big man. 6'6 and about 250lbs and buying him a new pair of jeans or pants can cost upward of $50 a pair! So, he finds 3 pairs of really nice khaki colored dress slacks that were marked $9.99/pair. We thought THAT was a steal!! So he takes them to pay for them and they rang up only $3.00/pair!!! This is a CRAZY steal for him!! He also got a tie that was really nice for $3.99...so the tie cost MORE than his pants! Haha. Anyways, I had to share this amazing shopping trip that my husband had and how excited he and I both were at his savings!! So very proud of him :)

Do you trust your husband to shop alone? Does he come home with steals/savings or spend too much?

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Replies (31-37):
Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Yes I do. He does great.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Boys9501
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I trust mine but he doesn't trust himself. I'll give him a list of what we need and he'll be real good at getting just what is on the list. However the first few times he went by himself he called and talked to me the whole time. lol

He'll even use coupons. As far as clothes go he doesn't really do that alone. No need to right now. By the way I LOVE Gabriel Brother's. :)

BipolarMom09
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Sounds like me...I call my husband when I am grocery shopping! haha For one, I feel safer than walking around alone, silly but it helps my nerves...two, to make sure I get what he wants/needs and to have him double check the kitchen for me to make sure I didn't forget something, leave something off the list by accident, or if he thought of something extra we may need for meals :)
What state do you live in that has a Gabe's? I have never known of one other than here...WV.

Quoting Mom2Boys9501:

I trust mine but he doesn't trust himself. I'll give him a list of what we need and he'll be real good at getting just what is on the list. However the first few times he went by himself he called and talked to me the whole time. lol

He'll even use coupons. As far as clothes go he doesn't really do that alone. No need to right now. By the way I LOVE Gabriel Brother's. :)

Shellness
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I don't have that kind of relationship with my husband. I mean he's intellegent enough to know how much to spend. He's smart with our money.

Mom2Boys9501
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

:) I'm in Ohio. We just got the Gabriel Brothers here within the last couple years.

Quoting BipolarMom09:

Sounds like me...I call my husband when I am grocery shopping! haha For one, I feel safer than walking around alone, silly but it helps my nerves...two, to make sure I get what he wants/needs and to have him double check the kitchen for me to make sure I didn't forget something, leave something off the list by accident, or if he thought of something extra we may need for meals :)
What state do you live in that has a Gabe's? I have never known of one other than here...WV.

Quoting Mom2Boys9501:

allyn9
by Carey on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:44 PM

My husband rarely does any shopping, but when he does he buys whatever he wants, regardless if its sale or regular-priced.  (Like me, he has worked full time throughout our marriage, and shops very little, so I don't anything.)

alliesmom112
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I do he is pretty good at looking for sales. He is pretty frugal 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)