Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

If you're planning on getting a tax return/refund

What are your plans with that money? 

Will you be spending it? Saving it? Donating it?

Home repairs? New vehicle? Debt relief?

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Replies (101-107):
pattya925
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 4:51 AM

Have to add in the couple a year that my son manages to drop on the floor... lol!

Quoting AllofFive19:

Like I said, I'm guesstimating. I do have 3 children and there are two of us, so that's five people. And you are supposed to switch out your toothbrushes every three months. This does not take in account the children's toothbrushes we recieve from the dentist (two per year), but I figure it never hurts to have extra, and next year I won't have to buy as much.

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

You guys go through 48 bottles of toothpaste a year and 16 toothbrushes?? I'm not being an ass I'm being honestly curious.. That seems like so so much to me. How many kids do you have? 4 kids would make sense cuz that'd be 12 a year if you switch them out every 3 months.

We only go through like 3 toothpastes in a year but we buy the biggest size. And my son also isn't old enough to use our paste yet so he only uses two tubes of the kids paste a year. 

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 10:43 AM

And the 4 that my daughter manages to lose. I knew she liked losing toothbrushes, but I've never tracked it before. She only has ONE toothbrush left downstairs. It's only April! 

Quoting pattya925:

Have to add in the couple a year that my son manages to drop on the floor... lol!

RichMommy
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 1:34 PM
I'm contracted by the county as a sexuality educator and I'm also a birth doula.
My husband is in the car biz. He sells advertising and web sites to dealers.
I'd say 3/4 of our tax burden is from his commissions BC we don't pay all the taxes as he earns it.

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Ohhhh ok I gotcha. I'm self employed too and I don't owe anything but city tax because I made under $10k. Obviously you make way more then that a year or you wouldn't owe LOL. May I ask what it is you do for self employment? I deliver newspapers cuz I like being a SAHM, so this way I only work 3-530AM everyday and still make $ to help out AND have my own $ for extras. After school ill get a real job obviously.

Quoting RichMommy:

Yes we OWE that much!!! I'm self employed so I don't pay taxes all year & my husband makes mostly commisions so we pay his taxes at the end of the year too

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Wait you MAkE too much $ so you OWE that much $? How does that work? I'm new to the game cuz this Is my first babe and before having him I never really made enough $ at my jobs to get a good return.

Quoting RichMommy:

Eh....first world problems right?

Oh waaa waaaa I make too much money....

It sucks but at least we are employed. Can't be taxed w/o a job.

Quoting AllofFive19:

OUCH! I'm sorry.

Quoting RichMommy:

We owe over $25,000.00

Eeeeek!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xxshelbyxxx
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Ohh I seeeee! That's really cool what you do! A doula seems like a great job, gotta be a pretty friendly calm patient and helpful person. Obviously you went to school for both jobs that you do right? How long did you have to go for the sexuality educator? Is that the same as like a sex Ed counselor-ish? Or r u someone who helps people with their own sexual preference or sexuality?? Idk if I even asked that right. Guess id say I'm just wondering what exactly a sexuality educator does?

Quoting RichMommy:

I'm contracted by the county as a sexuality educator and I'm also a birth doula.

I'd say 3/4 of our tax burden is from his commissions BC we don't pay all the taxes as he earns it.

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Ohhhh ok I gotcha. I'm self employed too and I don't owe anything but city tax because I made under $10k. Obviously you make way more then that a year or you wouldn't owe LOL. May I ask what it is you do for self employment? I deliver newspapers cuz I like being a SAHM, so this way I only work 3-530AM everyday and still make $ to help out AND have my own $ for extras. After school ill get a real job obviously.

Quoting RichMommy:

Yes we OWE that much!!! I'm self employed so I don't pay taxes all year & my husband makes mostly commisions so we pay his taxes at the end of the year too

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Wait you MAkE too much $ so you OWE that much $? How does that work? I'm new to the game cuz this Is my first babe and before having him I never really made enough $ at my jobs to get a good return.

Quoting RichMommy:

Quoting AllofFive19:

OUCH! I'm sorry.

Quoting RichMommy:

We owe over $25,000.00

Eeeeek!

RichMommy
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:10 PM
I'm not a counselor . I am a sex Ed teacher basically . I travel from school to school teaching a program I helped write.
So yes I went to school for it. I have a BS in Health Education. I used to be a high school health teacher. It's fun I love it

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Ohh I seeeee! That's really cool what you do! A doula seems like a great job, gotta be a pretty friendly calm patient and helpful person. Obviously you went to school for both jobs that you do right? How long did you have to go for the sexuality educator? Is that the same as like a sex Ed counselor-ish? Or r u someone who helps people with their own sexual preference or sexuality?? Idk if I even asked that right. Guess id say I'm just wondering what exactly a sexuality educator does?

Quoting RichMommy:

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Quoting RichMommy:

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Quoting RichMommy:

Quoting AllofFive19:

OUCH! I'm sorry.

Quoting RichMommy:

We owe over $25,000.00

Eeeeek!

xxshelbyxxx
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:20 AM
That's awesome mama! Congrats thats definitely an accomplishment to be able to say your made the program you're teaching.

Quoting RichMommy:

I'm not a counselor . I am a sex Ed teacher basically . I travel from school to school teaching a program I helped write.

So yes I went to school for it. I have a BS in Health Education. I used to be a high school health teacher. It's fun I love it

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Quoting RichMommy:

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Quoting RichMommy:

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Quoting RichMommy:

Quoting AllofFive19:

OUCH! I'm sorry.

Quoting RichMommy:

We owe over $25,000.00

Eeeeek!

RichMommy
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Thanks! I'm proud if it! I have worked for this organization in some capacity since I was volunteering there in high school 18 years ago!

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

That's awesome mama! Congrats thats definitely an accomplishment to be able to say your made the program you're teaching.

Quoting RichMommy:

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Quoting RichMommy:

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Quoting RichMommy:

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Quoting RichMommy:

Quoting AllofFive19:

OUCH! I'm sorry.

Quoting RichMommy:

We owe over $25,000.00

Eeeeek!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement