Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

I love you all...... But please.

Posted by   + Show Post
Let's not talk about taxs. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Replies (11-20):
suziejax
by Suzie on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:57 PM

simple smile

Amberleigh81
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:48 PM
I'm with you. This year I have NO IDEA what is in store tax-wise because I wasn't working and we had a baby. We will reassess and fix for next year! :)

OP, worrying about taxes is like worrying about the weather. :)

Quoting MonarchMom22:

I most be in the minority here.... Hubby and I see tax time as a chance to take inventory, see what worked and didn't investment wise, and review our goals and plans.

We do them ourselves with a software program and I like reviewing everything coming in and going out.  Gives you a good picture of where you stand.  We aim to pay them accurately, avoid what we legitimately can, and get little back.  I'd rather be investing correctly throughout the year then have money tied up not earning interest.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
yvonne37
by Yvonne on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:16 AM

hey once in a while its good to be naughty! :))

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Yep, I can't wait for tax seasons.  I don't think I am spending it on bills this year.  I think I am going to be naughty and spend it all on ME!...lol!

Quoting yvonne37:

laughing i thought you were going to say something else... taxes are good not bad.. lets talk about how to fill them up and get lots of money back :))

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
yvonne37
by Yvonne on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:17 AM

breath in... breath out... :) 

Quoting powow65:

I know! But I'm just stressed ATM. So hearing "tax time yayy me!" makin me even more bummed!

Quoting yvonne37:

laughing i thought you were going to say something else... taxes are good not bad.. lets talk about how to fill them up and get lots of money back :))

momofsixangels
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Hahaha deal

AzariahsMother
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Who you telling, I don't care about no one else this year.  Mama is getting her a new coach purse and some clothes and whatever else my little heart wants.  Ok, so might pay a bill or 2, but not all and not saving.

Quoting yvonne37:

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Yep, I can't wait for tax seasons.  I don't think I am spending it on bills this year.  I think I am going to be naughty and spend it all on ME!...lol!

Quoting yvonne37:

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:41 PM

lol!

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Who you telling, I don't care about no one else this year.  Mama is getting her a new coach purse and some clothes and whatever else my little heart wants.  Ok, so might pay a bill or 2, but not all and not saving.

Quoting yvonne37:

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Quoting yvonne37:

erikays
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:31 AM
I'm sorry :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allyn9
by Carey on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:04 AM

I guess I have to agree with some of the comments below. I believe in a group like this sharing about taxes (good and bad) is both inevitable and valuable.  I would also agree that if you don't want to be part of that type of discussion, you should just skip over the thread. 

SweetLuci
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I agree. I don't let the government hold my money for a year and then give it back with no interest. Unless you have no self-control and spend every dollar that comes into your hand, you should not be getting a refund. The money is yours-if you're used to getting a refund-have less taken out and put it into something that will give you interest, even if it's just a savings account. MUch better to have the money there, especially in an emergency to use your own money instead of charging something and paying interest as you pay it off.

Quoting MonarchMom22:

I most be in the minority here.... Hubby and I see tax time as a chance to take inventory, see what worked and didn't investment wise, and review our goals and plans.

We do them ourselves with a software program and I like reviewing everything coming in and going out.  Gives you a good picture of where you stand.  We aim to pay them accurately, avoid what we legitimately can, and get little back.  I'd rather be investing correctly throughout the year then have money tied up not earning interest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)