Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

WIC lines at the store

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:32 PM
  • 40 Replies

This is not a slam in any way, I think WIC is a wonderful and necessary program but is there not a better way? I dont believe the way they do it now is convenient for anyone, not the person using wic, not the others in line behind them and not the cashier

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I agree with you

Larsbug
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:46 PM

agreed

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I don't have a problem with WIC.  I personally think it's a great program and I think they've streamlined it as best they can to make it easy and most convenient as possible for everyone's convenience.  I mean, they're using cards, like debit/credit/food stamps.  They USED to have paper coupons that had to be used and filled out and signed right at the checkout.  THAT took time, not the cards they have now.

AzariahsMother
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I don't see the problem.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:01 PM

That's how it is here in Orlando withy the paper oupons.

Quoting michiganmom116:

I don't have a problem with WIC.  I personally think it's a great program and I think they've streamlined it as best they can to make it easy and most convenient as possible for everyone's convenience.  I mean, they're using cards, like debit/credit/food stamps.  They USED to have paper coupons that had to be used and filled out and signed right at the checkout.  THAT took time, not the cards they have now.

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Those ARE a pain!  I'm glad Michigan has moved on to the cards.

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

That's how it is here in Orlando withy the paper oupons.

Quoting michiganmom116:

PEEK05
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:05 PM
3 moms liked this

It should be on a card like EBT.

PEEK05
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:05 PM

In Washington it is still the paper coupons and takes FOREVER.

Quoting michiganmom116:

gmadiane
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Florida still has paper, a card would be a great idea here

HisSweetheart07
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

WV still uses paper as well... the biggest problem I've found (when I was a cashier) was no one is exactly clear on what they can and cannot get so then you have to call for someone to run back to the other side of the store to get the correct product/brand/size and back - it was a hassle and I'm sure not a treat for the customer. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)