Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

If there was an increase in your household income

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:12 AM
  • 26 Replies
If the current breadwinner in your household received a raise of double what they're currently making:

Would you stick to living the same and save the extra income,
Adjust your budget accordingly so you spend a little, save a little,
Or just start living the highlife with what that money brings (bigger homes, fancier cars, designer clothes)?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Double? Oh that would be so nice. For the most part we would try to live about the same. I know some things would change (we'd have more to spend on school supplies, clothes and the like), but I don't want to go overboard.

DieselsMom
by New Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:46 AM

Typically, if people don't live within their means with their current income, they wont with their new larger income either....we save about 500 a month, and when hubs gets a raise, we will add more to what we save, and def travel more!

Neuro
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:14 AM

Likely, the first few paychecks would go to getting much needed repairs for his and my car and dental work that we both need done. After that, they'd go into the bank and I'd have to listen to how I should start having kids now because we can afford it. HAH! Not until you finish school, DH...

powow65
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Nope, we'll stay the same & save that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roo1234
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:13 AM
My husband recently took a job that pays 40% more. We are eliminating as much debt as possible and while we will decide our next financial direction. There has been change in our budget so far.
gmadiane
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I dont think we would change that much just less stressed over money

momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I woould be able to maybe save my house

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd save half and put the rest on my bills. No telling how long that $ coming in would last. Once everything INCLUDING paying off the house was done I'd plan a vacation. Haven't been on a real one for a long time. We've camped a weekend or so but I'd love to take the kids to Disneyland, deep sea fishing, etc.

Larsbug
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:56 PM

we would live the same BUT we would be buying a house

abiddinger
by New Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:22 PM
We would stay pretty much the same, but we'd pay off our small amount of debt quickly. We would probably go home (we live I'm TX but are from FL) to visit more often, too. That would be awesome!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN