Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If there was an increase in your household income

If the current breadwinner in your household received a raise of double what they're currently making:

Would you stick to living the same and save the extra income,
Adjust your budget accordingly so you spend a little, save a little,
Or just start living the highlife with what that money brings (bigger homes, fancier cars, designer clothes)?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Replies (11-20):
alf2651
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:26 PM

We would stay the same and save.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

emtgirl885
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Save up the money

efarrugia
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I would save it. but a vacation or small splurge might take place.

erikays
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:28 AM
This :)

Quoting Larsbug:

we would live the same BUT we would be buying a house

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jl89
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:08 AM

I would adjust my budget accordingly. We're living on oatmeal and pasta for the most part lol. It would be nice to splurge a little on some better food. I wouldn't live the high life. I think I have personal experience about how life can go from amazingly great to horrible in just a short span of time. I would be worried about something bad happening. So, I would probably save a lot of the money. 

cjsmom1
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:11 AM
I'd save the money to buy a house. Which would save me in the long run because I wouldn't be paying rent
Lee678
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I would try to live the before budget as much as possible so we could save and pay off bills.
luvhubandbabys
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Def save it. SAve it for a down payment on a house. Its taking us a while to get there so double income would help a LOT. :)

kimberlync
by New Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I would absolutey stick to our current budget. The ONLY thing that would change is that we would purchase a used car, not new because I refuse to go back in debt over car payments, but something cheap that will get us from point A to point B. My boyfriend only works a mile and a half from our apartment and I am a stay at home mom so I very rarely go more than 5 miles to go to the grocery store, so a new car would be absolutely pointless in our house.

I would probably break down and buy a new mattress for our bed because the one we have is older than my 12 year old lol, but other than that I wouldn't spend anymore than we do now.

We went through absolute poverty in 2012 and are just now getting back on our feet, so we know what it's like to have nothing and even though we have his paycheck coming in now we still don't have a lot, and even if he made 6 figures a year I don't think we'd ever live elaborate. When you go from having a lot to having absolutely nothing you tend to view life different, and you also develop this fear that the money now will disappear again, so we always fear spending even a dime more than we have to.

907PickleMom
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:51 PM
We would be more comfortable. We are having a hard time with basics: food, clothes. My MIL lives with us and pays utilities as her "rent".
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)