Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

What is your preferred method of travel? Do you fly, bus, train, or drive? How often and what is your reason for the method you choose, cost, convenience, children or some other reason?

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Replies (11-20):
raschwittay
by New Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I have two boys under three and we fly across the country about once every other month to see daddy. He works in homestead fl and we live in wi. So we dont have any other options. Flying is difficult, but after a few times it gets better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
allyn9
by Carey on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:51 AM

If close by, we love to just drive, but for far away trips, flying is the way we go.  Conveniece is the genreal reason fo our choices.

Mommyagain39
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:03 PM

we always drive, but my kids want to try flying..... I want to try a train, but we would have to drive to get to the train station, and where you can go is limited and costly, so I will probably stick with tour train rides and driving.....  I try to take a trip during spring break and fall break!!!

Having a baby in March, same month as spring break may hinder our trip this year, not sure.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Most of the time it's by car, which I prefer. It's cheaper and more convenient. Stop when we want. Eat what we want. But if it's to Las Vegas or California, then it's by plane. We take small trips anytime there's a long week-end, then longer ones for any school vacation.

slw123
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I would prefer to fly, but we settle for driving because of cost for the family.

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Drive. We never have long vacations, and driving is the best way.

Juniper53098
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:56 AM

We rarely travel further than we can drive.

erienne06
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Fly because it cuts down on travel time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

We've only traveled by car. 

Next spring we'll be getting on our first plan trip :) I'm excited and nervous all at the same time (for free at that!)

Thats awesome! Hope you have a great trip.

MissyB1011
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Most of our trips are by car. We have flown to FL and CA from PA because it's just not feasible to drive that far for us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement