Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Those with fireplaces

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:38 PM
  • 14 Replies

Do you cut your own wood or buy it?

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gmadiane
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:44 PM

before we moved here from Georgia we cut our own wood

momofsixangels
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:02 PM

When I was growing up we had a fireplace.My dad and I and my sister would go to the land of a friend my Dad knew and cut our own wood

powow65
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:55 PM
If I could, I'd cut my own!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisSweetheart07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:45 PM

don't have a fireplace but we plan on getting one thats electric though

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:07 PM

We have a wood furnace, does that count?  We burn 18 to 20 face cords of wood a year.  We buy a half semi-load of 8 ft. logs and cut & split it ourselves.

Amy127
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:19 PM
We buy it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
allyn9
by Carey on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:13 AM

We have a gas fireplace now so don't need to cut any wood.  When we had a wood burning one in a prior house, we generally cut our own wood. 

sparkyco2
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:43 AM

we have an outdoor wood stove or some call it boiler our outdoor furnace..... we buy a pulp truck load each fall (12 cord) and cut and split it ourselves.  this lasts us from early October to the end of May and even then we usually have a large row left over we paid $750.00 for our wood this fall so i guess that comes out to what...... $93.75/mo for heat.....

i filled our LP tank this fall and for a 1/2 of a tank it came to 358.00, now that would be once a month for us..... i hate the pain of the wood sometimes but i am glad i am not making the rich richer......

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:18 AM

We have a wood burner and cut our own wood. My parents and 2 of my siblings also burn wood so we have Saturdays in Oct/Nov that we all get together and cut wood. Actually its the tree tops left from where my dad sold timber.

Our neighbor also burns with wood and we go half with him on what we cut and split. He has the tree tops and we have the log splitter. Works out well for everyone because we actually get most of our firewood from him and just end up helping family get theirs.

SweetLuci
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:27 PM

No place to cut our own, so we buy it for the fireplace.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)