Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:26 PM
  • 16 Replies
How do you save for vacations??

Do you work online to make extra cash?

What do you do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
efarrugia
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I try and set some of my tax refund aside for a vacation. I'm very fortunate that my vacations are usually spent visiting my dad for a week during the summer, and he usually pays for my flights and everything. but I do set about 500 aside so my son and I can do at least something if we don't visit the family.

Larsbug
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I take surveys online for extra money but you never get that much... Usually after bills and groceries and gas, if there is extra money from that paycheck we put it away in savings and we will either go on vacation or just save it.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers
powow65
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Gl. Sorry I have no answer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:34 PM

right now I could not save for a vacation at all money is way too tight

momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Not for vacation but we have a large jar for all change

HisSweetheart07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:46 PM

usually we use taxes to go but we're not sure if well have the extra this year to go :( oh well

erikays
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:04 AM
This is our first vacation we will be taking, we've been saving for it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Sparkle
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Dh and I both worked overtime to pay for our last 2 vacations.
allyn9
by Carey on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:11 AM

When the kids were young, most of our vacation time was used to either do fairly inexpensive things with them either in our town or close to it, or to travel (by car) about 5 hours away, up to a cottage my in-laws have on a beautiful, small lake in Northern Wisconsin.  We didn't really need to save for either of those kind of vacations. When, every few years, we did something else (like flying to DisneyWordl), I would use a "stash" I had to cover costs.  (I always put, in a separate account, "extra" money I made from working overtime or even from surveys or contest wins and we only used it for "special" extra things we as a family decided we wanted to do.)

BipolarMom09
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM
We are setting some aside from income tax this year and then maybe a little extra each payday. We also have a change jar that we will save up until vacation time and use that for vacation as well. We don't use cash often but plan to so we have the change and also may start sticking those random 5 dollar bills in there as well. We plan to take our boys to Myrtle Beach this summer....they've never been! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN