Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Online dating sites

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 12 Replies

Whats your opinion? Have you ever used one? If not if you ever found yourself single again would you use one?

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gmadiane
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I met my dh online, before I met him I met a few decent guys but mostly jerks, dont think I would use one again if I became single

kimberlync
by New Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I've used them in the past. I've had some good experiences and a few not so great experiences. Honestly, I don't see it being much different than going out to a bar or other social place and meeting someone. Sometimes you meet great people, sometimes you meet ones that are a little off their rocker lol. I met some who were only out for one thing, but again, not much different than meeting people anywhere else. Luckily I have a wonderful fiance now, so I don't have to deal with the whole dating world anymore.

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I'm not sure. I don't like to pay for things, unless I think they're absolutely necessary.

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I've never used one but a couple of the ladies in our church have used them. Ended up marrying the guys they meant on the site.

I think if something ever happened to dh I might give it a try just for friendship more then serious dating. It's hard to meet someone who's my age and just want to have a good friend to go places with.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I met Jim on one. Not sure if I would use it again or not

Melissa823
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I never have used one...I started dating my hubby at 17 and we've been married since I was 20...10 years ago.

BUT, I don't have a problem with them and have encouraged others to use them. If you don't search for a guy in a bar scene, once you're out of college, you can have a very small pool to choose from. I say, go for it!

momofsixangels
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I havent and never would.Too many crazy people online

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Hey! I resemble that remark :)

Quoting momofsixangels:

I havent and never would.Too many crazy people online

erikays
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Never used a dating website, met my husband when I was 18. I did meet my old bf off of AOL chat haha. Gosh that was a long time ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmtosam06
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:15 AM
use extreme caution I reconnected with a mutual friend that I had when I was married to my ex. I have met a couple of nice guys but I do was also young and unintelligent. I say have fun but do it with caution cause you never know if the reason they are on the dating site is due to being a sex offender child molester ect
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)