Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Last day before grocery shopping day..

Posted by   + Show Post
You don't have much in the house but you have your basics, what would you make?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Replies (21-27):
nouveaupoor
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

we've lived off our pantry for the last two weeks lol. Lots of spaghetti, potatoes, canned vegs/fruit, applesauce, and cereal. 

Same here. With the exception of meat (unless we stocked up on it when it was on sale and have some in the deep freeze) there is always something. A new one to add to the spaghetti arsenal is frozen veggies- toss them with some pasta and top with a little parmesan cheese. Don't forget the leftovers too!

JoaquinsMommie
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Grill Cheese, Noodles, Hot Dogs

crzemom
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Quoting baconbits:

Steak & eggs with hash browns homemade bread with strawberry jam. LOL

We have a freezer stuffed to the brim as well as a cellar with garden produce to last a year. If you notice there's no mention of milk as we don't have any milking cows. I have thought about that though.....

Completely off op topic but how do you make your bread? I've tried to make some but can't get it to raise
erikays
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Beef rice sounds good! My husband a huge rice fan (main dish) :/

Quoting AllofFive19:

I do a lot of rice dishes. Taco rice, chicken rice, beef rice, etc. I also do spaghetti, pancakes and eggs, stuff like that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erikays
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Coming to your house for dinner!

Quoting baconbits:

We have a freezer stuffed to the brim as well as a cellar with garden produce to last a year. If you notice there's no mention of milk as we don't have any milking cows. I have thought about that though.....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baconbits
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I have a bread maker that I bought at a yard sale for $5. Make sure that your yeast is fresh. If it gets any kind of age to it then it won't rise. Also to hot or cold water can be the problem. Use a temomature (sp?) until you get it down.

Quoting crzemom:

Quoting baconbits:

Completely off op topic but how do you make your bread? I've tried to make some but can't get it to raise

eevers55
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Rice & teriyaki-whatever meat and veg I have in the freezer. I'm a HUGE fan of the recipe finder on allrecipes. I just list what ingredients I have and it pulls up recipes based on that. I usually have to tweak it a little depending on what I have, but it hasn't failed me yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)