Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Does anyone use Upromise?

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:19 PM
  • 10 Replies

We've been using Upromise the last few years and only gotten a couple hundred off my dd's student loan. Which is nice since it's money I didn't have to spend extra but has anyone had any BIG savings from them?

Since we are paying off the student loan I'm switching it over to one of our grandkids that we are raising. Now it's a matter of figuring out which one. The youngest we're not real worried about since she has money coming from insurance from where her father was killed in an accident. That leaves the older 2. Which one would you sign up for it?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I have never heard of it, exactly what is it?

momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Dont know what it is

HisSweetheart07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:09 PM

don't use it. 

But I would put it on the oldest - at least that way if she doesn't use it you can transfer it into the second oldest child's name. 

XVAmomma
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1st tine for me too.

Quoting QuiltLover:

I have never heard of it, exactly what is it?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM
I googled it, I see what it is now...no, have never used it...My kids are grown and gone.
gmadiane
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I have never heard of it

oddfox
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:36 PM

It depends on how much difference in ages there is between the two oldest kids. If they are close, I'd put it in the eldest's name and use half for them and save the rest for the second one. But if there is a large stretch I'd save for the eldest, use it all, then start saving for the second after that.

momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Quoting oddfox:

It depends on how much difference in ages there is between the two oldest kids. If they are close, I'd put it in the eldest's name and use half for them and save the rest for the second one. But if there is a large stretch I'd save for the eldest, use it all, then start saving for the second after that.

Sounds confusing.lol

allyn9
by Carey on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I have a Upromise account and have it split to do 50% for each of my two children.  Why don't you consider doing that - one account, split 50 -50.

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Didn't realize that I could split it. That's what I'll do. Thanks for letting me know.

I have a Upromise account and have it split to do 50% for each of my two children.  Why don't you consider doing that - one account, split 50 -50.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN