Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home
So I'm Taylor, I'm 20 and a single mom. I currently live in a apartment complex and I hate it but it will do for now. I want to start saving up to buy a house. I know it will take a long time but I am willing in save up, plus I just paid my car off finally so I thought it would be a great time to start saving for a house since I No longer have any debt and No car payment. I have heard of people paying cash for there home and this is what I want to do.

This may sound like a dumb question but do they literally pay cash or just write a check?

Any tips on saving up for a home?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Replies (11-11):
allyn9
by Carey on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

You are a very mature 20 year old and I love your ideas about saving.  Having owned 3 different homes already, I would suggest making a goal to save 20% of the cost of a house you feel you can afford, then begin the process of being approved for a mortgage you can afford.  If you are "waiting" to be able to pay the full price of a home and not have a mortgage, your wait will probably be a very, very long one and the price of what you want will go up and up.  On a positive note, having a mortgage and paying bills on time has the advantage of helping you imporve your credit rating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN