Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

For those that go to church...

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:57 PM
  • 14 Replies

How much do you give in offering? 

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:38 PM
2 moms liked this
We give a large % to our church, by our choice, our church does not preach on money, and we give to missions also. it is our biggest expense in our home..and we are blessed to serve in this manner....He always takes care of our needs and our wants...which is a plus....
paris2lmp
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:49 PM

We give 10-15% of my income.  My husband doesn't go to church with us.

momofsixangels
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:17 PM

We havent been to church in a few years but gave w/e we could

Lee678
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:50 AM
We pay tithing of 10% of our income. We also pay fast offering to help those in need and other offerings as the spirit directs and as we have a little extra.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:54 AM
After being a church bookkeeper I will never give to churches again. I put my money to causes I believe strongly in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sparkyco2
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:02 AM

we do not go to church very often but can i ask why?  just curious my MIL us to give 100.00/wk but now that they are much much older i don't know how much she usually gives.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

After being a church bookkeeper I will never give to churches again. I put my money to causes I believe strongly in.

quickbooksworm
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:24 AM
They spend it then lie about where it goes. I have been asked to record transactions to incorrect accounts or to basically help the pastors embezzle money. Not as much goes to the church and their programs as people think. This wasn't specific to one church either. I really have no desire to end up in jail (I can't afford the Enron lawyers) so I don't work with churches anymore. I stopped going because that's typical of church accounting and I never go during elections and hot political issues anyway.

Quoting sparkyco2:

we do not go to church very often but can i ask why?  just curious my MIL us to give 100.00/wk but now that they are much much older i don't know how much she usually gives.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyagain39
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:38 PM

as much as i can, but i don't have alot of money o i give in other ways, like teaching religious classes.  we can give in three ways,  time, talent, or treasure.  

BipolarMom09
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I find this interesting....
I was raised in church and always wondered where all the money went, how much pastors really got paid, and if the money TRULY went where it was said to go by the givers....

Quoting quickbooksworm:

They spend it then lie about where it goes. I have been asked to record transactions to incorrect accounts or to basically help the pastors embezzle money. Not as much goes to the church and their programs as people think. This wasn't specific to one church either. I really have no desire to end up in jail (I can't afford the Enron lawyers) so I don't work with churches anymore. I stopped going because that's typical of church accounting and I never go during elections and hot political issues anyway.

Quoting sparkyco2:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Lee678
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:55 PM
I do know that in my church that doesn't happen. I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and we do not have a paid clergy. I know there ate those who take advantage of the church welfare organization but we are all human and allowed to maker our own decisions but bishops strongly suggest for families to help each other first.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)