Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much do you give in offering? 

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Replies (11-14):
allyn9
by Carey on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I do not believe what quickbooksworm stated is true about ALL churches.  I belong to a Catholic parish and am very involved.  We have checks and balances to insure the accounting is done correctly and there can be no problems with anyone embezzling funds.  That being said, my husand and I donate a fair amount to support the parish and the social programs it sponsors.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

They spend it then lie about where it goes. I have been asked to record transactions to incorrect accounts or to basically help the pastors embezzle money. Not as much goes to the church and their programs as people think. This wasn't specific to one church either. I really have no desire to end up in jail (I can't afford the Enron lawyers) so I don't work with churches anymore. I stopped going because that's typical of church accounting and I never go during elections and hot political issues anyway.
quickbooksworm
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Where did I say it was true of every church? I just said it was true of the several I've kept the books for. And I will personally never donate a dime to a church again because of it - I give directly to the causes I'm most interested in.

Quoting allyn9:

I do not believe what quickbooksworm stated is true about ALL churches.  I belong to a Catholic parish and am very involved.  We have checks and balances to insure the accounting is done correctly and there can be no problems with anyone embezzling funds.  That being said, my husand and I donate a fair amount to support the parish and the social programs it sponsors.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

They spend it then lie about where it goes. I have been asked to record transactions to incorrect accounts or to basically help the pastors embezzle money. Not as much goes to the church and their programs as people think. This wasn't specific to one church either. I really have no desire to end up in jail (I can't afford the Enron lawyers) so I don't work with churches anymore. I stopped going because that's typical of church accounting and I never go during elections and hot political issues anyway.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allyn9
by Carey on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Where did I say it was true of every church? I just said it was true of the several I've kept the books for. And I will personally never donate a dime to a church again because of it - I give directly to the causes I'm most interested in.

Quoting allyn9:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

I'm sorry; I made an assumption based on the way I read what you said and responded to that. 

mckinneymom918
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:51 PM
10-15%. God has blessed us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)