Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

52 Week Money Challenge Check In (Week 5)

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 68 Replies

Did you originally commit to try the 52 Week Money Challenge?

If so, have you stuck with it?

If so, how much have you saved so far?  (I know some folks were maybe going to save as much as they could when they could and some others planned to reverse the $ amts, saving the most in the beginning of the year.)

http://www.52weekmoneychallenge.net/

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Tomorrow is Week 5 for me and I bounced to the end of the challenge last week b/c I happen to have a little inflow of cash right now so as of tonite, I will have saved :

Week 1 = $1

Week 2 = $3

Week 3 = $6

Week 4 = $58

Week 5 = $109

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm on week 4.

week 1 $1.00

week 2 $3.00

Week 3 $55.00

Week 4 $106.00

I've had extra money the past couple of weeks so wanted to hit the higher ones.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

AWESOME!!!

I just decided to back track and get my kids to do this as well but with dimes.

They save 30% of all money anyway but I think I can convince them to put aside the extra 'change' from their spend jars each week for fun.  At the end of the challenge they will have saved an extra $137.80.

Quoting baconbits:

I'm on week 4.

week 1 $1.00

week 2 $3.00

Week 3 $55.00

Week 4 $106.00

I've had extra money the past couple of weeks so wanted to hit the higher ones.

bowling_mom
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
So 10.87 all together
Week 5 will go in Friday that's when we get paid
I've been putting the change after all our money hits before we pay bills to make it even in our checking cuz I just do it all online
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I haven't seen it I don't think.  Maybe when I get a job I will start it. :)

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I put the link of the details in my original post but yes, it would definitely be more of a challenge to participate without an income.  Good luck finding a job! =0)

Quoting PEEK05:

PEEK05
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Well we have my husband's income right now but I am choosing to go back to work this spring/summer. We are just having a baby in 2 weeks 2 days via c-section so we're saving every penny we have for the baby and also our daughter's birthday 3 days after lol.

Quoting ivf_blessed:

I put the link of the details in my original post but yes, it would definitely be more of a challenge to participate without an income.  Good luck finding a job! =0)

Quoting PEEK05:

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Great idea!  That was how I always did my check register balance (before YNAB) - I would round up to the nearest $1 on the debited amount so if I paid $6.23 for something, I actually deducted $7 in my register.  I also always credited less in the register than anything actually deposited but I usually did bigger chunks like all paychecks were registered as $100 less and any deposits under $50 were 'not registered at all".  It was pretty amazing how fast a buffer built up that way.  Now, with YNAB, I just move those amounts to a 'sinking emergency fund' and it's no longer available to budget.

Quoting bowling_mom:

So 10.87 all together
I've been putting the change after all our money hits before we pay bills to make it even in our checking cuz I just do it all online

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yes - stork mode!  That is a definite priority!  Congratulations and wishing you a speedy recovery from your c-section (I have had 2 myself!).  Happy Birthday to your daughter too!

Quoting PEEK05:

Well we have my husband's income right now but I am choosing to go back to work this spring/summer. We are just having a baby in 2 weeks 2 days via c-section so we're saving every penny we have for the baby and also our daughter's birthday 3 days after lol.

Quoting ivf_blessed:

Quoting PEEK05:

bowling_mom
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this
That wouldn't work so well with us we don't actually write our stuff down we just pull it up online we send out only 1 check a month everything else is paid with cash , online or our card, unless I was to move it to our savings right away hubby will use every last cent In our checking if its there

Quoting ivf_blessed:

Great idea!  That was how I always did my check register balance (before YNAB) - I would round up to the nearest $1 on the debited amount so if I paid $6.23 for something, I actually deducted $7 in my register.  I also always credited less in the register than anything actually deposited but I usually did bigger chunks like all paychecks were registered as $100 less and any deposits under $50 were 'not registered at all".  It was pretty amazing how fast a buffer built up that way.  Now, with YNAB, I just move those amounts to a 'sinking emergency fund' and it's no longer available to budget.

Quoting bowling_mom:

So 10.87 all together

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN