Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

52 Week Money Challenge Check In (Week 5)

Posted by   + Show Post

Did you originally commit to try the 52 Week Money Challenge?

If so, have you stuck with it?

If so, how much have you saved so far?  (I know some folks were maybe going to save as much as they could when they could and some others planned to reverse the $ amts, saving the most in the beginning of the year.)

http://www.52weekmoneychallenge.net/

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Replies (61-68):
Larisa72
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:15 PM

just a quick update....returned some cookware that the non-stick coating was coming off of (had only used it maybe 3 times since purchase)....took the refund amount and added it to my "till"...not a lot, but I'm praying we can keep doing this and have a nice amount at the end of the year...told DH that if we end up getting $$ that we didn't expect, we need to add it to the till so that we can keep putting some away and *maybe* end up ahead at the end of the year

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:34 PM

WHOO HOO!  On a roll!!!!!  Keep it up! =0)

Quoting MIZZ.MOE:

I've been able to put up $13 more dollars I now $50 have in this account. I get paid on friday so I'll be adding more. I'm truly excited can't wait until the end of the year.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:36 PM

That's great that you are both working on it together!  I couldn't get anyone to do it with me so  I forced my kids to participate - they are saving 10 cents per week of the year to my 1 dollar.  =0)

Quoting mmeredith:

Dh & I have both been doing it. I'm not sure how much we have (too comfy to go look) but i know for of our weeks we put a 20 in. So we are a little ahead.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:39 PM

That's great - not only are you saving, you were paid back money owed. <wink>  Keep us posted on your progress! =0)

Quoting ShandellsBaby:

i started out just having 6 bucks but my uncle owed me some money so i put that money in with the 6 i had and now i have 47 bucks.  i figured i would add it to the savings instead of putting it in my bank account.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:40 PM

It still is - it's not too late to join us!  <wink>

Quoting Madelaine:

No, sounds like it was a good idea though!

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:43 PM

That's a great idea Larisa!  Every little bit will count and you will see how fast it adds up.  Sux about the cookware but glad you could return it for a refund!

Quoting Larisa72:

just a quick update....returned some cookware that the non-stick coating was coming off of (had only used it maybe 3 times since purchase)....took the refund amount and added it to my "till"...not a lot, but I'm praying we can keep doing this and have a nice amount at the end of the year...told DH that if we end up getting $$ that we didn't expect, we need to add it to the till so that we can keep putting some away and *maybe* end up ahead at the end of the year

ShandellsBaby
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:55 AM

i'm getting excited about saving now. i've got the money in a envelope in my purse with the money in it but i havent touched it since i put the money in there that my uncle owed me. so i kinda forget about it being in there.

Quoting ivf_blessed:

That's great - not only are you saving, you were paid back money owed.   Keep us posted on your progress! =0)

Quoting ShandellsBaby:

i started out just having 6 bucks but my uncle owed me some money so i put that money in with the 6 i had and now i have 47 bucks.  i figured i would add it to the savings instead of putting it in my bank account.

mmeredith
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:15 PM

That's great they are doing it with you! Kids at any age need to start learning about money and especially about saving it. I love that we're doing it together. Our plan is to do it for 2 and pay that either towards our car payment every year or to save it up even longer for a down payment towards a house. Just haven't decided yet.

Quoting ivf_blessed:

That's great that you are both working on it together!  I couldn't get anyone to do it with me so  I forced my kids to participate - they are saving 10 cents per week of the year to my 1 dollar.  =0)

Quoting mmeredith:

Dh & I have both been doing it. I'm not sure how much we have (too comfy to go look) but i know for of our weeks we put a 20 in. So we are a little ahead.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)