Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

I did it (bank account)

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:38 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

I know it might sound silly to some but I wanted to share.

I went to the bank today and opened up an account for just myself. No clue what I'm going to do with it yet (other than just save). I made sure they didn't give me an ATM with it so I wouldn't be tempted to use it for anyone or anything other than me or what I deem fit. To get money out I have to physically go into the bank.

I haven't even set up online so I can check it and not sure if I'm going to. I want it to be one of those out of sight out of mind things unless I'm depositing money into it.

The guy who set it up was nice although he put that doubt in my head because he said he wanted to make it easier and did I need another one because he didn't want me to have to keep track of 4 or 5 accounts. Then asked if I wanted it to be a checking account instead.

Well anyway problem solved. Told my dh about it and he said it's about time. :)

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erikays
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Cool! Will your paychecks be going into that one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:39 AM
That's great!
Mom2Boys9501
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting erikays:

Cool! Will your paychecks be going into that one?

I'm a sahm so I don't really get "paychecks". What we do is I pay the bills and each week dh and I each get a set amount to do with as we want. I'm going to continue to put mine (the plan so far) into my piggy banks and then every 2-3 months (maybe each month) I'll take it up there and physically deposit it.

HisSweetheart07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:45 AM

woo hoo! 

amy7243
by Amy on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Good for you!

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Woot Woot!  So glad you decided to do that for yourself!  You deserve it!  My kids and I love making our monthly trip to the bank to deposit to our savings accounts - you should make it a monthly thing with a little 'treat' for yourself on the way.  Something cheap though so you have that much more to put in the bank!  LOL

Congratulations!!!!

Mom2Boys9501
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Thank you :)

Quoting ivf_blessed:

Woot Woot!  So glad you decided to do that for yourself!  You deserve it!  My kids and I love making our monthly trip to the bank to deposit to our savings accounts - you should make it a monthly thing with a little 'treat' for yourself on the way.  Something cheap though so you have that much more to put in the bank!  LOL

Congratulations!!!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Yay!! Thats awesome!

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Cool.

flowerfunleah
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Great job mommas!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)