Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

If money were no object

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:09 PM
  • 15 Replies

Would you still coupon and buy second hand?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Juniper53098
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't coupon because there are rarely coupons for healthy food and I make my own cleaners because they're HEALTHIER for my family.  I don't buy much 2nd hand, but I do take hand me downs.  I would continue to do that, no matter our financial situation.

pattya925
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:30 AM

I would still take hand-me-downs sure.  And I do coupon for some items and would continue to do so.

Amy127
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:21 AM
I don't coupon much anymore but I would definitely still shop at goodwill and other resale shops.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:30 AM

I am a big couponer and would still do it and still hit goodwills and garage sales

amyers05
by New Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I don't coupon.  I tried but I sent more money and wasn't eating as healthy.  I do ad match though because it save me gas money.  I would still shop at second-hand stores and garage sales for my kids clothes because they grow so quickly and abuse them so easily by just being kids!

MistressMinerva
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I don't coupon but I would still shop at Goodwill sometimes.

Luv.My.Kidz
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Hell yeah.... why not still save your money and use it wisely. A lot of people who have a "never ending supply of money" (sarcastic remark by the way) coupon and buy second hand or at antique shops, etc. 

Luv.My.Kidz
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Organic suppliers are actually coming out with a lot of coupons now. I've been buying a lot more organic and making healthier foods and it is coming out a lot cheaper that way than buying the processed foods and I use coupons. Grocery stores are also having deals in the organic sections as well now. 

Quoting Juniper53098:

I don't coupon because there are rarely coupons for healthy food and I make my own cleaners because they're HEALTHIER for my family.  I don't buy much 2nd hand, but I do take hand me downs.  I would continue to do that, no matter our financial situation.

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

flowerfunleah
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Absolutely, just because money is no object doesn't mean there's no need to be thrifty.

sparkyco2
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:37 PM

i would, i think i am cheap at heart........ it floors me when others go out and buy 100 pairs of shoes for example or think that just because it is expensive that it is the best..... in some cases this maybe true but not always......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement