Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Paying of Debt!!!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:10 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hey ladies!!

I just wanted to share my excitement about my new plan! I plan to pay off my credit card by April 1st, before our new buddle of joy arrives in May. It is basically a starter card so it doesn't have a very high limit but it is almost maxed and I want it cleared off with 0 balance. Soo, I will be paying $35 per week toward this and then at the beginning of each month, an additional $50 payment.

I also went shopping at JcPenny the other day for some of their clearance things for the boys and the new baby and at the register I could apply for their card and save 20%. I told the cashier that I highly doubt I would get approved but I would sure try and atleast save the 20%. Well...I got approved!! Now, I know this can be a very bad thing for some people, right? What I plan to do is when I do shop there, which is about once a month now in preperation for the new baby, I will charge it to my card. Then, I will pay off that amount on my card right there with the cashier. I figure this is a great way to build my credit! I don't have much credit and what I do have on my credit report, I am paying off this year. I do have a few medical bills that I am paying on monthly and my biggest one I plan to have paid off within 14-15 months.

I really feel good about this year as far as debt and my credit go. I am going to coupon to save money, stop eating out as much, and put all of my savings toward paying off debt and cleaning up my credit.

Anyways, I just had to share!! :) Do any of you have this same game plan for this year as far as cleaning up credit, paying off debt, saving money, etc?

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Good for you!!!  woohoo

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:25 PM

We are getting new flooring in the house, which takes all of our budget and more. So we have to be very cautious about spending now.

sukainah
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Good for you!

I'm just setting aside more money from my hubby's paychecks, trying to save for whatever may come up.

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:04 PM

We dont have any cc debt and we save in our 401K every payday, and save a flat amount out of every paycheck goes to a savings account, we dont even see it

Juniper53098
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:44 PM

We pay off our credit cards every month.  The only debt we have is our mortgage.

countrygirlkat
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:01 PM

We are working on paying off debt still.  We have made a lot of progress but it will still be awhile.  That sounds great for you though OP!

MistressMinerva
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:15 PM

That's Awesome!!!

Threes.Company
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I hope your plan works out!!

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:07 PM

It's good that you have a plan to pay off debt.

flowerfunleah
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:06 PM

It's always good to be excited about plans!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN