Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

52 Week Money Saving Challenge Check In (Week 6)

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:36 AM
  • 19 Replies

(Decided to change 'check in' to later in the week for the Friday savers) =0)

Hi Ladies!  Time to check in for the 52 Week Money Saving Challenge...if you are participating, you should have at least $21.00 saved this week.

Let us know how you are doing and if you have been able to get any others to join in on the challenge!

♥   http://ptmoney.com/52-week-money-saving-challenge/   ♥

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Hi All,

The past 3 weeks I have put aside the last 3 weeks amounts so I have saved $159 so far.

My kids (ages 9 and 5) are saving 10 cent/week and they have saved $2.10 so far.

I couldn't convince anyone else to do this with me.  I am making a list of those that are saying it's 'dumb' so that I can show them my wad of cash at the end of 52 weeks.  LOL

pamk5641
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I really need to do that and I am going to do this.  I hope I have good willpower.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Hope you join us! =0)

Quoting pamk5641:

I really need to do that and I am going to do this.  I hope I have good willpower.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amy7243
by Amy on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Did mine...I try to do it on Mondays :)

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I"ve got $159 so far!

sugapie0305
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:23 PM

i've got mine put in my account. I started first working from reverse, but decided to save $53 each week to complete the challenge in 6 months. This portion is going into my savings account. I also have a stash that I'm working in the way that the chart is going so I have the $21 saved for that.

=)

Larisa72
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:40 AM

A little more than where we "should" be since I put a small refund into the till as well.  Had to verify that I wasn't supposed to pay for my Depo shot per my insurance paperwork, so that will also be a refund coming my way and I'll probably put most, if not all of that into the till (we're talking over $100!).

I did break our spending freeze last night because the week has been exxtremely stressful with our ASD son having meltdowns which cause DHs blood pressure to spike dangerously high...I was NOT in the mood to cook at all....and I'm still at my wit's end with DS

tashraq87
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I put mine in every Sunday so tomorrow will be $28. We have lots of change to, but I REALLY want to save it all up to fill the tin can (popcorn one thats tall). As of last count a few weeks back, it was just over $35 :)

ShandellsBaby
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:35 PM

well i had 205 yesterday and then hubby called me on my cellphone and said that our washer broke and everything so i had to put the 205 down on the new washer im getting monday

Diatech12
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:25 PM
I'm only on week 2 but I have $30 saved. I did $10 then $20 and Tuesday I will $40.

I'm thinking of going 10, 20, 40, 60, then starting over.
Now that I'm getting a steady pay check that covers the bills we can save some of dhs unemployment every week. We will also be paying off my car next week and have agreed that the $140 payment will still be a "bill" but goes in to savings!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)