Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

52 Week Money Saving Challenge Check In (Week 6)

Posted by   + Show Post

(Decided to change 'check in' to later in the week for the Friday savers) =0)

Hi Ladies!  Time to check in for the 52 Week Money Saving Challenge...if you are participating, you should have at least $21.00 saved this week.

Let us know how you are doing and if you have been able to get any others to join in on the challenge!

♥   http://ptmoney.com/52-week-money-saving-challenge/   ♥

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Replies (11-19):
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I'm Tuesdays!  =0)

Quoting amy7243:

Did mine...I try to do it on Mondays :)

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Wooot Wooot!  Keep it up! 

Quoting baconbits:

I"ve got $159 so far!

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Sometimes it's necessary to give yourself a break, especially after a tough week.  Hope your weekend is much better!  ((HUGS))

Quoting Larisa72:

A little more than where we "should" be since I put a small refund into the till as well.  Had to verify that I wasn't supposed to pay for my Depo shot per my insurance paperwork, so that will also be a refund coming my way and I'll probably put most, if not all of that into the till (we're talking over $100!).

I did break our spending freeze last night because the week has been exxtremely stressful with our ASD son having meltdowns which cause DHs blood pressure to spike dangerously high...I was NOT in the mood to cook at all....and I'm still at my wit's end with DS

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Awesome - a popcorn tin full of change would be a LOT of coins!  Wonder how long it would take to fill that up!  Keep us posted on both challenges! =0)

Quoting tashraq87:

I put mine in every Sunday so tomorrow will be $28. We have lots of change to, but I REALLY want to save it all up to fill the tin can (popcorn one thats tall). As of last count a few weeks back, it was just over $35 :)

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:47 PM

That dang "Murphy" always seems to strike but at least you had some money saved for a down payment!  Enjoy your new washer!

Quoting ShandellsBaby:

well i had 205 yesterday and then hubby called me on my cellphone and said that our washer broke and everything so i had to put the 205 down on the new washer im getting monday

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:53 PM

By the end of 52 weeks, you will have saved $1690 with your challenge!  Awesome! 

And congrats on paying off your car - great idea to put it in savings - that will add up quick!!

Quoting Diatech12:

I'm only on week 2 but I have $30 saved. I did $10 then $20 and Tuesday I will $40.

I'm thinking of going 10, 20, 40, 60, then starting over.
Now that I'm getting a steady pay check that covers the bills we can save some of dhs unemployment every week. We will also be paying off my car next week and have agreed that the $140 payment will still be a "bill" but goes in to savings!

ShandellsBaby
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:27 AM

thanks now i just wish i didnt have to start all over with the savings

Quoting ivf_blessed:

That dang "Murphy" always seems to strike but at least you had some money saved for a down payment!  Enjoy your new washer!

Quoting ShandellsBaby:

well i had 205 yesterday and then hubby called me on my cellphone and said that our washer broke and everything so i had to put the 205 down on the new washer im getting monday

Juniper53098
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Great job, everyone!!

Larisa72
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:24 PM

got a small sewing job...well, to me it's small....fixing Gi pants for one of the karate instructors...$10 into the till :-)  Thinking about putting the $15 from my son in there as well (he left his $$ at home but wanted to buy disposable cameras to use for his merit badge work - normally i wouldn't make him pay me back, but he had gotten a digital camera, and somehow completely fried it....no money to replace it and in a spending freeze, so if he wanted the disposables, he had to fork over the money)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement