Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

My kids call me an expert "cheapskate" and I am proud of that title!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey I am what I am. I've found ways to cut back and compromise and then turn our grocery budget into the best investment that we'll probably ever have. I like having my cake and eating it. And anything that I can turn into a win win win triple threat, makes sense to me. Anyone have any other triple threat ideas?

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:03 AM
Replies (11-16):
Nana0507
by New Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I would like to know that, also! Eating organic would be great, but somehow, my budget have a room just for non-organic!:( If there is a secret, pls advise! Cheers:)

consumerswin
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:40 PM

thanks

Quoting aneela:

congrats to you!!

consumerswin
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

No secret really, I shop directly with the Manufacturer and get super concentrated product that stretch out over 3 months, and pay wholesale.

Quoting Nana0507:

I would like to know that, also! Eating organic would be great, but somehow, my budget have a room just for non-organic!:( If there is a secret, pls advise! Cheers:)

consumerswin
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Hey anyone wants to attend, I do workshops via conference call on how to stretch your grocery dollar using the method I use. What you would need is your current grocery list with prices and an idea of how often you grocery shop.

Let me know,  it's free.

oddfox
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm grateful we have local resources that allow us to really stretch our budget. A bump and dent grocer. A son still at home who works for that grocer and entitles us to a discount. A lady selling chicken eggs at a local farm. A small raised bed garden to grow tomatoes, basil and a few other things. Two grocery stores in competition who regularly have loss leaders. A bread box at church. (Day old bread donated by a local grocery.) Two dollar stores. A mom who saves me coupons for those rare items I buy that use them. All these help a huge amount.

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I keep track of the value of our vehicles. If it drops below $1,000 then I drop full coverage and go with liability only. I figure the deductable is $500 + the savings per year covers the $1,000 for another. I make sure to put that savings in an account just in case.

Check out how often your vehicle needs oil changes. Some of them have now changed to 4,000 or 5,000 miles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)