Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

52 Week Money Savings Challenge (Week 7)

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:46 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is enjoying their Valentine's Day!

This is Week 7 of the challenge and you should have saved at least $28 by the end of this week.

Check in with your progress and let us know...

How do you save for your challenge?  Do you stash cash in an envelope or just transfer money between your checking & savings accounts electronically?

http://ptmoney.com/52-week-money-saving-challenge/

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I was able to continue my 'end of the year trend' and put away $49 this week (for week 49) for a grand total of $208 so far.

I do electronically move money to my savings acct each month but for this particular challenge I actually stash cash in an envelope that I hide in one of my lovely Southern Living lidded pedestal bowls.  =0)

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I have I believe $168. I also keep mine in an envelope. It's easier right now. I figure when I get up to $200 then I'm going to deposit it into a savings account and then wait for the next $200. I don't want that much cash on hand as it's VERY tempting to spend.

Amy127
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I have it in an envelope.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Ha!  I guess I am a weird one because I do NOT like to spend cash.  If I get cash, I tend to 'hoard' it.  I could have $50 cash in my wallet & someone asks me if I have cash, I'm like ... "Nope - do you take debit cards?"

I rarely keep cash in my wallet though, maybe $20 - the rest is split in many different hiding places around the house.  OMG - I'm like some weird old woman that grew up in the depression era or something...well, at least I don't hide it under the mattress - that's the FIRST place they'd look!  LOL

Quoting baconbits:

I have I believe $168. I also keep mine in an envelope. It's easier right now. I figure when I get up to $200 then I'm going to deposit it into a savings account and then wait for the next $200. I don't want that much cash on hand as it's VERY tempting to spend.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Me too with my printed out challenge sheet clipped to it so I can mark off the weeks & the amounts =0)

Quoting Amy127:

I have it in an envelope.

amy7243
by Amy on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I did $25 this week. We are putting it envelopes.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Great! :-)

Quoting amy7243:

I did $25 this week. We are putting it envelopes.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pattya925
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Haven't put in this week's money yet.. will put this week's and next week's in tonight.  I have it in an envelope, but likely will deposit it in our savings account once the amount gets higher...

cookin_mama665
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:43 PM

New to the group, but excited to get started!!! I'm thinking of transferring the money between my accounts.  It's simple and I can do it from anywhere.

BipolarMom09
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I got us a little ahead since my DH got a check from school. I paid up our bills and have started our savings off with $200. I plan on putting $20-30 each week into our savings from his weekly paychecks, in addition to the 52 week challenge :) Obviously, there will be some weeks that are tighter than others and I will just have to put one or the other in but either way it is building up, right?! :) I am also paying weekly on my credit card to pay it off by April 1st. Sooo excited because this year is going to be great for us financially, building credit, saving, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement