Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Mothers with SNAP (ebt) I need help

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:18 PM
  • 24 Replies

Good afternoon .

I was wondering with the ebt card can I order platters for my daughters up coming birthday AND also order a cake from the bakery and pay with it with the ebt card? please any answers will help I am running out of time and on money =/

p.s

I was going to do all this from Wal-mart.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LalaLove7
by New Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:29 PM

BUMP!

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:39 PM

You can buy a cake from wal-mart with your EBT, or you used to, but I'm sure you still can. You can also call ahead to make sure.

flowerfunleah
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I don't think you can buy food platters.

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I have never had anything like that so I cant help...sorry....
RobinChristine
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you can buy all of that,it is precooked food you cannot buy such has hot soup or hot chicken,....

cookin_mama665
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Yes to everything.

aj23
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes you can. Any cold food can be bought.
It may be cheaper for you to make your own platter though. Those things can get expensive and for the same amount you could make your own and have extra to use for meals or snacks at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moogsmom03
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

yup, you can buy anything that isn't hot as far as I know. I know for sure you can get the cake and I'd be comfortable saying yes to the sandwiches too.

Pooobaihr
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:01 PM

As long as what you order isn't HOT food, you can.  For instance, you can't get the chicken or anything like that from the deli, but you can get meats and the sandwich platter and the cakes.  Those are cool and pre-made.

CafeMom Tickers
BazingaMama
by New Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:06 PM

You can buy a cake (I'm not sure about that if you have it special ordered but if you buy one that they've already made, then yes it covers it).  As for the platter, you can buy cold ones.  I'm not sure about the hot food.  I have never tried it but I knew someone who used to use their food stamps to buy hot meals from Publix.  I was told that as long is you can eat it from a grocery store, then you can buy it with food stamps (minus alcohol).

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)