Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanks to my state refund, I have accomplished saving $1000.

Hopefully I find work soon so I do not have to touch that. lol Once I get a job I will still be adding to that AND paying off my debt. Everyone always tells you to save $1000 first and I feel good that I was able to do just that. 

I plan to put $10-20 out of every check to my savings and then at least $50 to debt each check. I just need to find a job first. After I am debt free, I will be saving for a house. I'm tired of renting.

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Replies (11-12):
towerjunkie1989
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Most of my debt is just old bills that I never paid so it has maybe an added $1 a month and some aren't getting higher at all.

I have 2 credit cards that I pay off each month in an attempt to help build my credit score and add more positive on my record.

I am starting the 52 week challenge and want to keep adding money to my regular savings account. I am in school and next semester will be getting my aid back. Any refund sent my way from the Pell Grant will be put towards debt or paying the internet for the year(All online classes)

I've come up with several plans/goals to get me debt free and I want to save for a downpayment at the same time.

When I pay in cash I always round up to the next dollar amount and take all my change and put it in a jar. When it gets full, I cash it in and put that extra on a debt.

Quoting allyn9:

As long as you have your emergency fund, if the interest rate is high on your debt you would be better putting all your extra money toward it instead of putting anymore in savings. 

flowerfunleah
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Awesome!! Keep up the good work!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)