Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Home Forclosure...

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:04 AM
  • 9 Replies

It is my situation right now. I've been a homeowner for 21 years. This is my 4th home.

I have been recovering from an ankle injury for this past year. Our finances have taken a hit hard, Short term disability began 6 mos after the onset of all of this. And after trying to get a modification, we were denied. It's inevitable, we have hit every idea known to stop the process.

My question is, now that we are looking for a home to rent, what would be some suggestions as in how to approach a perspective landlord with our situation. I feel so down about this issue. Everything I've taken great pride in and now we are starting all over again.

We were told to expect to have 6 mos from the date of the judgement hearing to stay in our home and that we would have to be out of it then. Does this process go differently then that?? We live in WI

Thank you!!

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Juniper53098
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I have no idea.

Where are you in WI?  I am in Watertown.

flowerfunleah
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

When we came to a landlord with a foreclosure under our belt we just laid it out, explained to her the situation, she understood and we now rent a nice home in a nice neighborhood! Honesty is best.

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry....

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have any answers/suggestions for you, just wanted to wish you luck.  ((HUGS))

BipolarMom09
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:02 PM

We had a foreclosure back in 2008-09 when my husband got out of the Army and we had no jobs. Honestly, we have never needed to mention the foreclosure. Never had a problems seeing that we have rented 4, going on 5, houses since then.

moogsmom03
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Just be honest with the prospective landlord. Explain the situation to them and hope for the best. My husband and I rent out a house in WI now and when we were processing apps for the house we checked credit and everything else to get the best renter. However, if we had an applicant who had income, could afford the house and was a homeowner for that long I would definitely consider them. Especially if they were up front and honest about their situation. It's not always easy to find good tenants, so if you'll pay your rent and not trash the place, that's usually all a landlord will care about!! Good luck!

GinaW1971
by New Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM

We are located in the Fox Valley/Appleton area....

GinaW1971
by New Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Thank you for you respnse. Yes, I believe that is definitly the way to handle this.

Larsbug
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I would think that most people would understand (unlike banks) about the situation. As a landlord, as long as you could provide me with proof that rent will get paid I would be ok with it. (I'm not a landlord but if I were is what I mean)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)