Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Grocery Shopping

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:51 AM
  • 39 Replies

How often do you shop for groceries? How often do you make a quick stop at the grocery to buy an item or two?

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:09 PM
I have hubby shop, we mostly buy fresh veggies and fruit...and sometimes I will run over to the mennonite bulk store and the bent and dent store...he goes once a week and I may go once a month
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I go shopping every 1 to 2 weeks depending on when I run out of fresh eggs and produce.  I shop with a meal plan and grocery list, so it's rare that I have to stop at the grocery store between those trips to buy an item or two.

flowerfunleah
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:17 PM

We shop throughout the week buying things here and there. 

SewingMamaLele
by New Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I generally go twice a week.

oddfox
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:54 PM

We're close to several grocers so I go once a week to at least two of them. Always to the bump and dent store though, as their inventory changes and really good deals go fast and they often have better prices on produce.

Realhswifeofmd
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I shop once every two weeks...like Michiganmom I make a detailed meal plan and shopping list.  I may have the hubby stop every once and a while if my daughter eats all the fresh fruit or we had a heavy egg week.  Bacon goes pretty fast too lol!

WillsMOM72
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 4:05 PM
I try to go once a week. If I need something ill just pick it up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mckinneymom918
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Usually once a week, but since the baby was born I'm forgetting more and more trying to rush to finish so she doesn't get to fussy. So hubby stops on his way home a lot more...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I go every week for little things but I go grocery shopping 2x a month. If I have hamburgers on the menu or something that is fresh produce I will run to the store and get it that day so it's not sitting there.

Larsbug
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:11 PM

me too

Quoting michiganmom116:

I go shopping every 1 to 2 weeks depending on when I run out of fresh eggs and produce.  I shop with a meal plan and grocery list, so it's rare that I have to stop at the grocery store between those trips to buy an item or two.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)