Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Do you have life insurance?

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:48 PM
  • 18 Replies

Dave Ramsey says that life insurance is super important! But I've noticed amongst my family and friends that most DON'T have life insurance, they see it as an unneccesary expense in an already tight budget.

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM

My DH and I have life insurance.

SweetLuci
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:52 PM

We have life insurance. I've always considered it a necessity. I don't take risks with important things.

awesomemommy2
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Of course.   Its the fiscally responsible thing to do.  Unless you want to live off welfare and in a section 8 apartment should something happen to your spouse and you do not have a $100K a year job.   

flowerfunleah
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Quoting awesomemommy2:

Of course.   Its the fiscally responsible thing to do.  Unless you want to live off welfare and in a section 8 apartment should something happen to your spouse and you do not have a $100K a year job.   

Well, that escalated quickly @TaylorMorelock

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:30 PM
They will feel differently once it happens to them..and it will........yes we both have life ins
jacobnatesmom
by Mary on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Yes we do.

anotherhalf
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:54 AM
We got it as soon as ds was born. We weren't going to risk him suffering even more if one of us died.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mckinneymom918
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Yep. $400k on hubby, $150k on me, $25k on each of the kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CatFishMom
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

We do and it gave me a HUGE piece of mind. I dont work, I stay home with the kids, so if something happens to me there will be enough money for my husband to pay off the house and take a little time from work to figure out what to do. If he dies, same for the house and I won't have to worry about getting a job for a while, especially without a mortgage payment. If we BOTH die, the house goes to the kids and they have a nice nest egg for their futures. Next year, if money allows, we'll get policies on the kids. For a while that felt goulish to me but then my brother died and my mother was freaking out that she had let his policy lapse. She was lucky I had just quit my job and cashed in my 401K so we had the money for the service. Now I know you just dont know what life will bring.

3mom627
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I wish we would have listened to Dave and bought life insurance sooner, especially on DH. We do have it now, $100,000 on DH, because he retired and took all his pension money and if something happens to him, I would not get any of his pension.  I recently bought a small policy on myself, only $10,000, hopefully enough to bury me. I was like most of the others and viewed it as an unecessary expense. Buy it when you are young, you get a much better rate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)