Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Dave Ramsey says that life insurance is super important! But I've noticed amongst my family and friends that most DON'T have life insurance, they see it as an unneccesary expense in an already tight budget.

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Replies (11-18):
iheartmiboys
by New Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Yes, we do. I'm a sahm, but in the process of starting school. And if something were to happen to dh, we are taken care of until I complete my degree and find a job. 

MIZZ.MOE
by Member on Jun. 2, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Yes we do

rosesink
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Make sure you get enough to cover 1 years worth of expenses for your family and a burial.  Do NOT purchase any life insurance that is an annuity , whole or variable, you will be paying the broker for the first 5 years or so and it will not be worth the paper it is printed on. Purchase ONLY Term life policies, the rest of the stuff is money for the brokers.  If you do not believe me check out Suze Ormans web site and read about it there

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:05 AM

I have a small policy on me from work. It's enough to bury me and pay for a couple of months bills. DH doesn't have anything yet but the VA would pay for part of the funeral as long as it's bare bones. We already have cemetary plots.

salina123
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:26 AM

We do on my hubby (a lot on him) and our three girls. Nothing on myself but we have already discussed getting some on me too. 

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Yes, I have life insurance and it was part of my divorce agreement that the kids' Dad carry life insurance with me as the primary bene until the youngest turns 21.

MIZZ.MOE
by Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Yes I have it on myself fiance and kids. We just had a baby so we have to get some on him before he turns a year this Nov
RutterMama
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:14 PM

We do have life insurance, yes. :)

Discover how this stay at home mommy of 2 used Facebook to give herself a 
$7,200 annual raise!  ***Contact me today to find out how!***

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)