Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Have you ever filed for bankruptcy?

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:51 PM
  • 15 Replies

Anyone? Dh says we should think about it but I'm hesistant to do it.

You know who filed for bankruptcy that really ticks me off? Casey Anthony. Oooh that just burns my buttons.

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:10 PM

No.  We had friends that did it and it ruined them.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:58 PM

No. It's on tyour official record for 7 years, but in reality-it's always there.

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:43 PM

No, if you need financial help, I think you should get it, but you made the bills and you need to do whatever you can tompay it all back...please no offense, I am not refering to anyone who has ever filed or is going to...it is just my opinion....it would be very hard to be in that situation, but it isnt fair for those who have worked and paid for what they haven and didnt write it off...it is hard for americans to live within their means...look at our govt setting an example for the country...so sad.

MistressMinerva
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Many years ago with my ex husband.

Juniper53098
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:46 PM

no

MissyB1011
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:18 PM
We did several years ago. We were struggling to begin with then there were thousands in medical bills which was made worse when the company I worked for laid me off twice in a couple of years.

We are close to the end of our 7 years. There has been some fallout. One thing was downright horrible, but we moved on. We are doing ok now. It was very embarrassing in the beginning, but we learned how to cope and live with our decision.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pinkmani
by New Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Well, of course Casey Anthony had to file for bankruptcy. She never graduated high school. She can't get a job because someone will kill her.

woliung8153
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:08 AM

No we never have but thought about it once. We changed our spending habits and came up with a game plan and now things are getting better.

elizabooks
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:41 PM
I tried to, a few years back, but couldn't afford the fees. Instead I went with one of those credit counciling services. BIG mistake.
Why should it bug you that Anthony filed?
AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:45 PM

We almost did, and then chose not to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement