Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Do you? #3

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:56 PM
  • 6 Replies

Coupon?

What are some of your tips if so?

If not, would you consider learning about it?

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:05 PM

My favorite store doesn't accept coupons, but their prices are really low anyway.  I do use coupons, but they're the $5 off $25 purchase ones that Dollar General issues almost every week.

Learning to coupon wouldn't pay off here.  I stick to buying whole foods or foods in bulk, and the stores in the area don't double or triple the value so store brand is still cheaper on non-food items.

SweetLuci
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I don't use them often because most of the food I buy don't have coupons. Occasionally I use them. My grocery will accept two coupons on buy one get one deals, so that's a big savings. They will also accept coupons for other stores.

MistressMinerva
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:47 PM

No

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Not as much as I'd like but I don't really buy a lot of the stuff that they give coupons on.

AmeliasMommy206
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I don't. 

I don't find it to be lucrative for me. On non-food items it might pay off occasionally, but since I don't buy very much in the way of processed, boxed, etc food, there aren't many coupons I could even use for food.

Now, if they started regularly including coupons for meat, vegetables, fruits and so on, heck yes I would!

oddfox
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:35 PM

The bulk of our purchases are at a bump and dent (salvage) store. They don't take coupons. The other things we purchase (like bulk meats at a family owned grocer) don't have coupons but do go on special in rotation, so we buy when they are cheaper and freeze in meal sized portions. I do use coupons for occasional non food items combining them with specials and special offers (like at CVS and Rite Aid), checking to see if they really are better deals over other places. Then there's the dollar stores which now accept coupons.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)