Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

I'm making laundry soap with my mom! I gave her a one-cup jar of my laundry soap (dry), and she loves it! She loves the way her clothes smell and she likes the way it cleans. 

I offered to give her another jar, but instead she wants me to go shopping for the ingredients and help her make her own. 

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Replies (11-15):
yrubxaslyrem
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!!  I've been making my own laundry soap for about a year now and I can't even tell you how much money we've saved just doing that!!

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:46 AM

any kind of soap?  I wonder if I should try this... I can only use Dove soap and All Free & Clear Detergent - most other things break me out. 

Quoting AllofFive19:

1 bar of soap, grated

2 C. washing soda

1 C Oxiclean

1/2 to 1 C Purex Crystals

I use 1 T for small/light loads and 2 T for big/heavy loads

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Dove is not good because of the moisturizers in it, but I've heard Kirk's castile is really good for people who break out. Fels Naptha and Ivory are also good for making this soap.

Quoting ivf_blessed:

any kind of soap?  I wonder if I should try this... I can only use Dove soap and All Free & Clear Detergent - most other things break me out. 

Quoting AllofFive19:

1 bar of soap, grated

2 C. washing soda

1 C Oxiclean

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:51 AM

awesome - thank you!

Quoting AllofFive19:

Dove is not good because of the moisturizers in it, but I've heard Kirk's castile is really good for people who break out. Fels Naptha and Ivory are also good for making this soap.

Quoting ivf_blessed:

Quoting AllofFive19:

1 bar of soap, grated

2 C. washing soda

1 C Oxiclean

deadlights86
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Awesome! I would do that but until I can figure out how to make tide pods I'm out of luck lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement