Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

52 Week Money Saving Challenge (Week 10 AND 11)

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:08 PM
  • 24 Replies

Edited since we are already into Week 11 - you should have at least $66 saved by the end of Week 11 (Saturday, March 16th).  Feel free to check in or "re-check in" with your status!

Hello Friends!

It is Week 10 and you should have saved at least $55 by the end of this week...

Check in and let us know how you are doing and...

We Spring Forward this weekend!  How do you handle 'losing an hour of sleep'?

♥ Hope everyone has had a great week! ♥

http://www.52weekmoneychallenge.net/

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi everyone!

I have saved $346 so far and my kids have saved $5.50 (they are saving 10 cent per week instead of $1/week).

I have to admit, I have a love/hate relationship with Spring Forward - I hate getting up when it's dark outside and it's a battle with the kids when it's bedtime and it's still light outside.  But I do love having the extra daylight at the end of the day and it does feel like (for awhile anyway) that the work day is 'shorter' even though I know it's not.  LOL

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:33 AM
2 moms liked this

I have $118 saved!  Yay!

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:54 AM

way to go

Quoting michiganmom116:

I have $118 saved!  Yay!

amy7243
by Amy on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I am keeping on track :) The time change has not affected me yet....we traveled all weekend so I was already sooo tired. Tomorrow might be a different story...getting up for work.

sugapie0305
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I'm on track and getting close to halfway to the $1378 =)

As for the time change, it will feel like the time to get up comes too quickly as soon as I hit the pillow, but that is always whether it be time change or not. LOL!

ShandellsBaby
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:11 PM

so far i have saved up $62.

Larisa72
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:25 AM

I guess I'm ahead...I thought we were in week 11....need to sit down and take a look...lol.  Had to take DD in to have 2 teeth removed - fortunately we had our state tax refund or else we wouldn't have been able to have this done yet (her baby teeth couldn't come in).....now saving for when DS needs to get his wisdom teeth taken out {sigh} which will be sooner rather than later because one is aimed to come out the front of his jaw instead of the top and another is pushing on the molar next to it.....

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Yes, travel will definitely do that to you!  Glad you are still on track for the challenge! =0)

Quoting amy7243:

I am keeping on track :) The time change has not affected me yet....we traveled all weekend so I was already sooo tired. Tomorrow might be a different story...getting up for work.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:13 PM

That's AWESOME!  And I totally agree with you on the time change thing....seems like I blink and it's time to get up.

Quoting sugapie0305:

I'm on track and getting close to halfway to the $1378 =)

As for the time change, it will feel like the time to get up comes too quickly as soon as I hit the pillow, but that is always whether it be time change or not. LOL!

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:15 PM

AWESOME job!  Keep up the great work!

good

Quoting ShandellsBaby:

so far i have saved up $62.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN