Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Medical & Dental Benefits are Expensive!!

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 5:23 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

I cannot believe how much our benefits went up this year! We have to pay an extra $85/month for less benefits and a higher deductible! 

There is a company that provides discounted medical and dental benefits, as little as $19.99/month for your whole household for dental, vision, chiro and prescriptions. $49.95 for household for savings on all of that plus medical, labs, x-rays, telemedicine and hospital advocacy. 

You can check them out at APDentalPlan.com/Smile123 for all of the details. Our family saved a ton of money. Now I've just got to figure out couponing! We are streamlining our budget one category at a time. LOL

by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oddfox
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Don't individuals have to pass through the underwriting process?

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Most of the time insurance doesn't save you anything. 

mckinneymom918
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:53 PM
We skip dental insurance and pay for our annual visits out of pocket. If something major happens, we'll pay. But we all have very healthy teeth, my guess would be IF something major were to happen it would be major major and would more than likely be covered under our health insurance.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blessed2bworkin
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:51 AM

For Oddfox...

No this is a discount program, not insurance. There is no waiting period and pre-existing conditions are covered. You should go see how it works at the link. Insurance is a waste of money. We were paying $600 with a high deductible that didn't even help with the office visits and labs if we were sick. My hubby's bllod test for cholesterol and other things would have been $97, but with this it was $35. 

The dental program will help you save on everything from cleanings and root canals to braces. Your whole household is covered for $19.95 and it includes vision, prescription and chiro. 

blessed2bworkin
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:53 AM

For allfofive19....

Agreed! This saves you 30-70% right away with no waiting period. No forms or anything. Go to one of their providers and show them your card. We have several providers in our areas and from what I understand there are thousands across the country. They use Lab Corp as their provider for lab services too.

JZB
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Bump 4 later
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blessed2bworkin
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:59 AM

@mckinneymom918

Well, you don't have to do that anymore. For a small fee, your whole family will save on every single service. No limits to the # of visits, no cap, just pay as you go at the discounted rate. Through the end of March, you can sign up for just $9/month for the first 9 months. 

Our family had great teeth too, you're very fortunate. My dad used to make us brush our teeth with a 3-minute egg timer. Do you have any idea how long 3 minutes is when you are brushing your teeth? It was a big mess! LOL That carried me a long way with good teeth, however after years of eating junk and drinking coffee, I am needing dental services more and more. :)

Hope this helps.

blessed2bworkin
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:11 PM

There is a promotion until March 31st, the dental benefits for the whole household are only $9/month for the first 9 months!!

APDentalPlan.com/Smile123

moogsmom03
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:16 AM

This is a legit, for real program?? We have great insurance, health, dental, vision, life. Through DH work but we pay just over $400/month before taxes to have it. We don't miss that money really because we've always been enrolled in the plans but if we could pocket that and get something cheaper I would totally jump on it! We have 2 kids and overall we're healthy. Just your normal check ups and a few sick visits here and there...

blessed2bworkin
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:50 AM

You would have to really compare the two to see what would work for your family. Typically dental plans have deductibles and caps on what you can use, so it may be worth checking that out. As far as medical benefits go, you can get discounts on everything from doctor's appointments, lab work, PT, cosmetic surgery, diabetic supplies, etc. for your entire household for $50/month. It also includes a hospital advocate and telemedicine. You can see all of the plans here at EveryoneBenefits(dot)com/Paula.

But before you toss out your plan, compare. We ditched our dental insurance for this, but kept major medical through my husband's work, so you have to know what your plan provides.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)