Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Got a raise!

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:13 PM
  • 15 Replies
2 moms liked this

I haven't gotten a raise in years for various reasons.  When I was with a large company, raises were 'frozen due to budget issues, etc, etc' - most of us were just happy to not be 'laid off'.

4 years ago, I left the large company to follow my team to open their own independent firm.  Clearly, they needed time to get things going and while I was bonused very well different times throughout last year, this is my first hourly rate raise I have had in, hmmm about 7 years.

I am paid monthly and this increase is such a fabulous blessing.  Don't get me wrong, bonuses are awesome and always very appreciated but they can't be counted on like this raise to my hourly rate.

I can't wait to start my new budget!

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Meena20
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Damn sounds like harsh jobs but very happy for you to get a raise =)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pattya925
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Woohoo! Congrats on the raise!

oddfox
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this

That is really good to hear.

Larisa72
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this

yay! congrats...and more power to you getting paid once a month.  We lived that for almost 5 years when we switched companies (DH was prior military, first civilian job took us overseas and we were actually both employed with the company, then had DS and DH took a job with a new company that brought us back to the US....so, house payment, car payment, new baby and ONE paycheck a month to pay for everything....yeah, it was definitely a learning curve)....awesome that you finally got a raise!!

Larsbug
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

awesome!

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, God bless you..truly
e.sugarbaby
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

you have been blessed. yay!

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Thanks everyone!

It did take some getting used to when I started getting paid once a month in 2009.  Luckily, since last year's tax return, I have been able to set myself up to budget ahead.  For example, I use my Feb 28th paycheck to budget for April bills.  Now that I have gotten this year's tax return, I am actually able to budget for May and part of June as well.

This has made getting paid monthly a lot easier to handle.  LOL

And the hourly raise will help me build my savings and sinking funds a lot faster! =0)

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats on the raise! I'm happy to hear that. 

bertie4
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:01 AM

So tickled for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement