Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

52 Week Money Saving Challenge (Week 12)

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM
  • 17 Replies

Hi everyone!

We are into Week 12...by the end of this week, you should have saved at least $78.

Check in and let us know how you are doing and....

Tomorrow is the 1st day of Spring!  What is the weather like where you live?  Does it feel like Spring?

Keep up the great work! ♥

http://www.savingadvice.com/articles/2013/01/10/1013660_52-week-save-money-challenge.html

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I am up to $405 for my challenge.  The kids are continuing to save their 10 cents per week (instead of the $1) and are sticking to the exact order of the challenge so they are at $7.80.

We have had some really cold, rainy weather here in VA the past few weeks with the random threat of snow.  Today was sunny and in the mid 50s, which is more typical for this time of year but I am actually ready to skip Spring all together and jump right into Summer!!

=0)

Larisa72
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:11 PM

have to double check...took some money out today because paycheck won't hit the bank until later this week and we needed some grocery resupply today.  Should be on target, but not over like I was...hoping to get it back up with some more sewing work from friends

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

$202 and still going strong! Yippee! Hope to hit a couple of the biggie in the next few weeks as dh has some large pay checks coming in. Really want to get the last ones done while I have the extra money.

babygirl4326
by New Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm going to hit $80 today!!

Larisa72
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG!!  might have a rather LARGE sewing order from the elementary school!!!  They want ALL the teachers to have their names on flags hanging from the ceiling outside their classrooms....26 teachers do NOT have the flags.....so....they came to me since I made flags for the PTA to sell a few years ago....we're talking about $350 or more...guess where some of that will be going....wheeeee

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:59 PM

That's awesome!!!  I'm the same way, hit the big ones when the cash flow is good!  Congrats and keep up the great work!

Quoting baconbits:

$202 and still going strong! Yippee! Hope to hit a couple of the biggie in the next few weeks as dh has some large pay checks coming in. Really want to get the last ones done while I have the extra money.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Woot!! Woot!!  Way to go babygirl!  Keep up the great work!

Quoting babygirl4326:

I'm going to hit $80 today!!

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:01 PM

OMG is right!   That is incredible!  I am so happy for you!  "Murphy" can't keep you down!!!  Doing a happy dance for you! =0)

Quoting Larisa72:

OMG!!  might have a rather LARGE sewing order from the elementary school!!!  They want ALL the teachers to have their names on flags hanging from the ceiling outside their classrooms....26 teachers do NOT have the flags.....so....they came to me since I made flags for the PTA to sell a few years ago....we're talking about $350 or more...guess where some of that will be going....wheeeee

Larisa72
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Thanks!  DOn't want to get my hopes up...have to find out if I can get different colors of nylon flag fabric and the place I bought some before has closed.  However, I think I know what store bought out their stock, so I will try to check them tomorrow and see if they have different colors available......also messed up count...it might be 35 double-sided flags at $7 per flag...so 35x$14....wowsers....told them I would have an idea of total cost by next week, which would also give them time to check with some of the teachers they hadn't heard from

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I will keep my fingers crossed that it all works out for you!  That would be AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Quoting Larisa72:

Thanks!  DOn't want to get my hopes up...have to find out if I can get different colors of nylon flag fabric and the place I bought some before has closed.  However, I think I know what store bought out their stock, so I will try to check them tomorrow and see if they have different colors available......also messed up count...it might be 35 double-sided flags at $7 per flag...so 35x$14....wowsers....told them I would have an idea of total cost by next week, which would also give them time to check with some of the teachers they hadn't heard from

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)