Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

52 Week Money Saving Challenge (Week 12)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi everyone!

We are into Week 12...by the end of this week, you should have saved at least $78.

Check in and let us know how you are doing and....

Tomorrow is the 1st day of Spring!  What is the weather like where you live?  Does it feel like Spring?

Keep up the great work! ♥

http://www.savingadvice.com/articles/2013/01/10/1013660_52-week-save-money-challenge.html

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Replies (11-17):
lovingjx3lild
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I have $494.00 saved....i'm in Michigan and its cold. It does not feel like Spring yet. I'm planning to move to Florida this summer and I can't wait.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Oh wow - from Michigan to Florida - that is a big change!  And a welcome one I am sure! 

Awesome job saving!!!!!

Quoting lovingjx3lild:

I have $494.00 saved....i'm in Michigan and its cold. It does not feel like Spring yet. I'm planning to move to Florida this summer and I can't wait.

amy7243
by Amy on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I am still doing good!! It is snowy and freezing here...ugh.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

That's great news!  The saving part I mean!  Snowy & Freezing are bad words in this house!  LOL

Quoting amy7243:

I am still doing good!! It is snowy and freezing here...ugh.

sugapie0305
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Still going strong =)

Weather wise, there was a temp of over 75 degrees last Saturday and now we are back down to mid 40s-50s. Craziness... lol

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Sounds like VA!  I can't wait for summer!!!

Quoting sugapie0305:

Still going strong =)

Weather wise, there was a temp of over 75 degrees last Saturday and now we are back down to mid 40s-50s. Craziness... lol

Larisa72
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Where are you in VA??  We are on spring break and teh snow is coming down and supposed to continue until 6pm tomorrow...oh joy!

I haven't put this week's $$ in the till yet....have other things keeping me disctracted, like...when I figured out the time and such for making all the flags the principal wants, reducing my hourly rate to $10/hr instead of the normal $15/hr....means that, for my time alone, they will be paying $878.30!!  Then there's the fabric and threads needed....but just for my time!!!  I sent him an email with the information, but again, it's spring break, so I don't know if he will get the email or not.  If not, I'll take the invoice in when the kids return to school....the lowest I can go is $8/hr, which is what DH suggested, but that seems way too little when it will be taking time away from things I need to be doing around the house....at any rate, it will be nice if this all works out as I can add it to my stash....still haven't figured out what the money will go towards, but thinking it might be for next year's tuition for DS {sigh}

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement