Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Legit WAH jobs???

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:59 PM
  • 24 Replies

I am so tired of going to work and missing out on time with my family. My BF works graveyard, so we never see each other. Is there really any legit work at home jobs? I have heard about so many scams or jobs that don't really pay enough so I am skeptical of just searching google to find one.  If you have done one of these, and it was legit, please share your story. If you started one that turned out to be bad for any reason, please share that too so I know which ones to stay away from.

I have heard of Rat Race Rebellion. I was reading their FAQs and they say they cannot guarantee that all companies are legit. I have also see a lot of ads here on CM but, again, don't want to fall for a scam.

Where/how do you get started? How well do they pay? How long was it until you really saw any money? Did you have to pay start-up costs? What did you like or not like about it? What kind of schedule did you have to work? Any other advice you can think of?

(I'm posting this in another group too, so you may see it again)

nerdy

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3mom627
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I am curious also. I was always going to go to school to do transciption at home. Somehow you buy the equipment and a company sends you doctor's reports.  I can type and do transcription, but never got into it. 

3MOM627

have a nice day

proudMom2634
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:49 PM

We had been raised in running business, when I got pregnant it totally changed,. Offline : I tried food business but it didnt work my location is bad, DD is 6mos only so I stop.

When we I got our laptop and internet last March'12, I search ways to earn.DD was turning 1years old at this time. 

With-in a months, I have join so many surveys-- fillinf applications up,joining sites with paid surveys, but the pay is not worth it compared to the time and effort given..(though some survey is great depending in your site). Data entries, typing, transcription , they say these are free but when I'm done filling up forms they are asking for money and the like---as in,. so you can expect that my email is totally flooded with junk emails from the sites I had joined in.

Affiliate, I have join in one of these..I'm a wide reader and after a week of joining,. I deactivated my account..Hello, are you kidding me, I do all the hardwork and what affiliate mebers will get is just penny, when I have studdied the companies system it turned out that members do the hardwork and some money will be left int he top of thw pyramid(the president). I have also research that the owner/president of that company, had left a company similar to the one he have now and when profits needs to be given to members, the company just said that it was bankcrupt/closed.(I would not to waste my time in that kind so research-research again.)

I had even cleared-out a sites articles in reading crafting and other way to earn ...lol..

then, I have come across a blog or article, talking about freelancing..what is that? so read-read,. it was giving out clear instruction(though I still don't get it--where would I use that info) but I still continued..lol

then at the end there is some some sites given, I joined,tried, and there.. I returned in the blog/article and it had been very useful in my freelancing. I have found that blog/article very useful though sorry mama's I can't remember the title or site it was a year ago.

So, after that,. I was able to join for FREE, even got my first job in there, I had also research for other sites similar to that keyword "FREELANCE" - "FREELANCING".. and found some legit sites.

But in freelancing it is not taht easy. You will earn what you will work.

Legit sites: odesk, freelancers,guru,elance, and others..though I suggest odesk first because if your new their instructions is really great for newbies,.though tips are not included. I had started in this on my own, if only I can remember the blog/article it will really be a great help..

As of now, my newest and highest rate in there is $7/hours(though I had just had this project this week) but my other one is $3.15/hour. this week I had earned $146.5 in my 2 project which is my highest on hourlies weekly bases but for some it is still small but for us it is already a big help to my family.

You mama's can work on hourlies or fixed price,. on your own time.

on the one below,

Transcription will bring you far. They pay high for transcription. I suggest odesk, why? personally its my favorite, freelancer.com has so many competition so if your a newbies..it will really be hard to get a job from this.

"Expect low rate to almost nothing, when starting"..goodluck! Hope this helps!

Quoting 3mom627:

I am curious also. I was always going to go to school to do transciption at home. Somehow you buy the equipment and a company sends you doctor's reports.  I can type and do transcription, but never got into it. 

Living is good, but being a Mom is even better!!  

Larsbug
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:59 PM

you could always look at Alpine Access... they have legit work at home jobs... I sell Scentsy as an Independent Consultant

nikknat
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I was looking for WAH jobs a few years back to supplement my income, but I found it hard to find ones that were legit and worth the time.  I was going to publish a document or build a website with the info, but I never got around to finishing it.  I found some good things, but maybe I will look through my files and see what I came up with.  I have started my own business, but trying to get it off the ground.  Sometimes, I think that's the way to go, but you may not make money right away, and that's the problem for some people needing steady income right away. 

abiddinger
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:10 AM

I recently started running a home-based business, it costed me 99 cents to join & is 4.99 per month to remain active & keep my website. This is a BUSINESS however, not a job. For job reviews, I HIGHLY recommend the blog "WAHAdventures" She reviews nearly every home-based job out there. If you are into writing, you could also do freelance writing work (and she reviews "content mills" for this, too). Good luck!

MomTiara19
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Try Avon...low fee to join. Try selling crafts on Etsy,craft fairs,home parties. Try selling on Ebay or consignment shops. Try saving as much as possible....coupons... I love swagbucks.com too
blessed2bworkin
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I started with a company in January on the 18th. It took a couple of weeks to kind of figure everything out, however, once I did, I made $1,100 in the next month. My husband and I are both super psyched about this company. I am on track to make that amount this month as well and I homeschool my kids, so it's not like I'm working 12 hours a day or anything. You can take a look at the opportunity at MomWorksFromHome.net or message me for details.

I totally know how you all feel. It took me a long time to find such a great business.

hobbit1123
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:52 PM
yes there are tons of legit wah jobs i've been working at home for 10 years :) check out www.ratracerebellion.com they list TONS of jobs. now i will admit there not as great paying as they were 10 years ago when i started but it's a job. some jobs even offer medical, 401k,etc
kats642
by New Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Hi, my name is Kathy.  I am a stay at home mom and working from home with this company is the best decision I ever made. It allows me to be home for my daughter and make a great income at the same time. The best part is you can do this anytime, around your schedule, day or night. All you need is a computer.  Contact me at kats642@gmail.com and I will help you get started now.

http://instantmoneynetwork.com/Kathy642

Tresmommy11
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Hello,

I recently also needed a work at hom job as i have a toddler and another one on the way. Times have been tough but I have found a way to make some money quickly and it legal and all so just message me or email me and i will help you out.

we all in this together

moneymakingmari@gmail.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)