Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

52 Week Money Savings Challenge (Week 17)

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:10 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi ladies!

We are into Week 17 of the 52 Week Money Savings Challenge - a third of the way there!

If you are following along with the schedule (below) you should have saved $153 by the end of this week.  Don't be discouraged if you are a little behind!  It's important to remember that every penny saved is an accomplishment!!!

Check in and let us know how you are doing and...

Have your plans for what to do with the money at the end of the challenge changed since you first started saving?  If so...how?

Keep up the great work!

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Hi everyone!

I have saved $507 so far.  I usually put my money aside every Tuesday which is also when I pay my kids their allowance.  My kids are still on track (10 cents instead of $1 per week) and have added an additional $15.30 total to their Savings Accounts so far this year.  Putting money in their savings account at the bank each month actually qualifies them for an opportunity of a $100 reward from the credit union next year - so fingers crossed one (if not both) of them can win!

I have changed part of my plan for my money.  With part of my savings, I plan on matching what my kids have saved throughout the year with their challenge & depositing that amount to their bank accounts - which will be $137.80 each; a total of ($275.60).  As for the rest, I still plan on adding it to my Savings Account to build up my Emergency Fund.  I hope to have a minimum of a 6 month emergency fund saved up next year.

Keep up the great work everyone!!!

lovingjx3lild
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm still doing pretty good ladies. I hope everyone is doing good as well.

ShandellsBaby
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish I was still doing this. Everything is crazy at the moment and haven't been able to save anything. But I'm hoping I can start back in this next month.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:48 PM

You do what you gotta do and come back into the challenge anytime!  Who says they HAVE to be consecutive weeks?  LOL

Hope things get less crazy for you! =0)

Quoting ShandellsBaby:

I wish I was still doing this. Everything is crazy at the moment and haven't been able to save anything. But I'm hoping I can start back in this next month.

ShandellsBaby
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Thanks..just hope I can keep my head above water. But it doesn't seem like it right. Hoping I can get some bills paid off and then I will put that money up for the savings. I also have to pay my grandma back where I borrowed money from her to get my kids spring pix tomm. 

Quoting ivf_blessed:

You do what you gotta do and come back into the challenge anytime!  Who says they HAVE to be consecutive weeks?  LOL

Hope things get less crazy for you! =0)

Quoting ShandellsBaby:

sugapie0305
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm still going. My piggy bank that I have is up to date. Now for my savings account, I have at least put in half of what I normally put in though, but I'm still saving which matters. My savings account I'm going to keep for an emergency fund and for my piggy bank will be for mini vacation next year or whatever things to do with my kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)