Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

What do you do from home to make money?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am a stay at home mom and i love being home with my littleone and i could not afford daycare. What are some of the things you moms do from home to make money while staying home?

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Replies (131-140):
dfollin
by Member on May. 30, 2014 at 8:04 AM
Quoting baconbits:

I work full time but I do ebay in my spare time. I pick up stuff at yard sales/auctions/flea markets, etc that are cheap and turn around and resale it. I also resell stuff that we no longer use around the house. At a recent auction we went to I picked up 10 tractor head gaskets for $2.50 total after my dh told me they cost $30 - $40 in the store. I plan on putting them on for $9.99 each. We actually already have the $2.50 paid for as one was a rebuild kit for our tractor that my husband plans on redoing this next winter. It would have run us $50!

Auctions are just plan fun if you go just for the heck of it. I've also picked up stuff that people bought a box of stuff for and only wanted one piece out of it and told me I could have the rest. Last time I mad an additional $30 off their cast offs! Then I price the "junk" for a quarter or 50 cents and sell it at a yard sell that my aunt has.

I'm actually taking my sister to her first auction this Friday as she's wanting to get stuff for her yard sale because she doesn't think she has enough stuff for one yet. Of course 3/4 of the stuff she has is mine.

Yours? Lol!
----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/dfollin
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2014 at 8:09 AM

surveys, videos, mobile apps.  All but the surveys can be running while I'm doing something else.

Quoting dfollin:
Quoting michiganmom116:

I work Swagbucks to make $75 to $100 a month.  It's not a lot but it doesn't take me much time, either.  I also bake/decorate special occasion cakes, sell extra garden produce, and I've even done babysitting in my home.

What do you do to earn so much in Swagbucks?

dfollin
by Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Quoting michiganmom116:

surveys, videos, mobile apps.  All but the surveys can be running while I'm doing something else.

Quoting dfollin:
Quoting michiganmom116:

I work Swagbucks to make $75 to $100 a month.  It's not a lot but it doesn't take me much time, either.  I also bake/decorate special occasion cakes, sell extra garden produce, and I've even done babysitting in my home.

What do you do to earn so much in Swagbucks?

When I do the surveys, az you know is the preliminary questions to see if you qualify.I finish that and it then tells me that I qualify for this survey and I am answering the questions. Then all of the sudden it says,"Sorry but you do not qualify for this survey." Well I have been sitting her already taking the survey for 15 minutes and have earned nothing!

I have been a member with Swagbucks for years....but not always been active for various reasons. About 10 months ago I was very excited because I had earned enough SB to get a $25 Paypal card so I wrote the total down in a notebook that I keep of my onlone earnings. I needed 12 more SB's. I got up the next morning early to earn those 12 and get started on my next $25 card and my total was missing 800 SB's!!!!!!!!

I emailed them and was told that they don't see them......emailed them twice more during the next week and was told the same thing. I got on the SB group on Yahoo and some people had said the same thing had happened to them. Then a few days later the FB setting on that group were set to where only the owner could post. Since then I do not save to get something that cost more even though I need the Paypal I just get a Starbucks card.

I can never find the Swag Codes either.
----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/dfollin
sugapie0305
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Jkia1boy: I want to Data Entry from work but don't know how to go about it
Quoting sugapie0305:

I work from home doing data entry full time and I also do freelancing writing/seo work on the side. I occassionally do surveys from Pinecone Research and PaidViewPoint, as well as swagbucks if I remember to.

the data entry jobs that I may get are usually through clients that I have worked with before. You can start by finding these position by  looking through odesk.com or by forums such as workplacelikehome.com or wahm.com/forum

Freebies & Samples - list of goodies throughout the week / SuperPoints ~ Win points to redeem for cash, Amazon Gift Cards and Merchandise / Swagbucks ~ see how I earn $25 Amazon gifts cards each month for free / Cash For Mama ~ easy ways to earn money for free / Make Money Online Free With Me ~ blog of job listings / PaidViewPoint ~ Get paid by taking surveys / Spoonful of Chocolate Sistah

Mom2Eden
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:43 PM

I'm a Perfectly Posh Consultant!  

It is a newer direct sales company and the products are awesome.  The way I describe the products to others is.....it's kinda like the Bath and Body Works of direct sales.  

Check out my website.  www.perfectlyposh.com/erinelliott

There are less than 11,000 consultants in the USA right now.  It's a great time to sign up.  

Resatrotter
by New Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:50 AM
I'm interested in this company, can you send me some info.

Quoting nattiesmommy234: I am an it Works distributor. I sell anything from pre prepared body wraps to vitamins and alkalizing drink powders in orange or berry flavors. There is even a fat-fighting product and hair and nail growth support product I love. I am a Licensed Massage Therapist licensed in Louisiana State. I had to see these things to believe it. Personally I use the alkalizing drink powder in my mid morning smoothie for that extra energy kick it is sometimes hard to find. I am fairly new to the it Works products (about 6 months in) and I have yet to be disappointed. As with all at home companies your income each month is totally up to you.
Resatrotter
by New Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Interesting more info please, can you message please

Quoting Whoisld:

I am a Certified Travel Agent and I love it. I get to travel at a deep discount and I enjoy the travel agent perks. I love getting paid every friday and being my own boss. I have a great team and I am always looking for new travel agents.

buzzimom-914
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:08 PM
hi I have 2kiddos a 8 month old who always wants her mommy & my stepdaughter 8yrs old. I recruit and sell medical/dental plans from Home. I also drop off a brochure or more when im out & about doing my errands thats it! although my kids keep me busy I enjoy the perks, and working around my schedule.
ElleLuvsOrchids
by New Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 1:59 PM

I do psychic readings via phone and Skype and I write business proposals and resumes and I date coach women age 40 - 70.  I work less than 8 hours a week most weeks.  Earning the extra income is fun and lucrative.

Mrs_ring3
by New Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 4:29 PM

I am a beachbody coach. Great for my health and my bank account. I absolutely love it or I wouldn't sell it. If you want more info just message me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)