Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

52 Week Money Savings Challenge (Week 18)

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:09 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hi Ladies!

It is Week 18 of the challenge!  By the end of this week, if you are following along with the challenge, you should have saved at least $171.00.

Welcome to those of you that have just joined in!  I'm so glad to see people excited about saving!

Check in and let us know how you are doing and...

Do you budget?  If so, how often?  Yearly?  Monthly?  Weekly?

Have a great week!

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Hi everyone!

Big deposit week for me - I deposited $42 today and am at a total of $549 so far for the year.  My kids have set aside an extra $1.80 this week (total of $17.10 so far this year) using their 10 cent/week challenge.  Today is our "Monthly Trip to the Bank" day where they will deposit their Savings Jar money into their Savings Acct at the bank.  Both kids have over $20 to deposit this month (thanks to allowance & report card rewards).  My 5 year old is already planning on which car he wants to buy when he turns 16.  It just happens to be a 1967 Classic Chevy Impala that he saw at a car show this past weekend...he even told the owner that he was going to buy it from him one day.  LOL

I set a budget every month and tend to tweak it a bit maybe in the middle of the month.  I also have 'sinking funds' planned for the year so I am set for things like Insurance, Property Taxes, Summer Camp and Christmas when they come along.  For e.g., Summer Camps are done - I have all the money needed for both kids this summer and Christmas is 1/2 there!  I use youneedabudget.com as my software program - it really changed how I handle my money.

Best of luck to everyone with their challenge and hope you all have a wonderful week!

e.sugarbaby
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:02 PM

so I was trying to explain this challenge to someone... can someone post the graph again to help illustrate this idea?

Larisa72
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:32 PM

money situation is all screwed up.....need new fence, decorative tree has branches that need to be removed due to storm damage, DHs car needs new tires, my car needs an oil change, have to come up with the money for DSs next school year.....and I'm trying my damndest to get my sewing job completed so that I can get paid

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Sorry that I have been away from CM for a bit!  It is hard to explain to others without the chart =0)

Here it is!

Quoting e.sugarbaby:

so I was trying to explain this challenge to someone... can someone post the graph again to help illustrate this idea?

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I hope that what you have saved has been able to help you out with all of this!  When it rains, it pours - huh?

Hang in there!  Hope things turn around fast for you!

Quoting Larisa72:

money situation is all screwed up.....need new fence, decorative tree has branches that need to be removed due to storm damage, DHs car needs new tires, my car needs an oil change, have to come up with the money for DSs next school year.....and I'm trying my damndest to get my sewing job completed so that I can get paid

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement