Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Home based biz moms & WAHM's.... I need need advice from you (PIOG)

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:04 PM
  • 10 Replies

Okay....for mom's who have their own home based businesses & WAHM's.... I need some serious help! I'm going insane :(

I have a home based business with ViSalus/Body By Vi (love it) and I also Work From home (Cust Service for a telecommunications company) Mon, Weds, Thurs, Fri & Sun from 10a-2:30 (I hate the company)..... 

I need help on figuring out a schedule, guidelines, and rules for my kids to follow when I'm doing calls to customers, prospects, etc. 

With ViSalus/Body By Vi it's a lot more laid back and I can talk with customers/prospects a lot more casual, etc. However... My kids have a HORRIBLE problem with interrupting, fighting, etc while I'm on the phone with ANYONE. I used to have a sign on my door that said "Shhhh Mommy's working!" with a big red stop sign. That didn't help... They would just get louder.

With summer coming up the boys will be home while I'm at my "job" so they will have to be super quiet otherwise I'll get fired and we can't afford it.

HELP I need suggestions.

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Edited by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luv.My.Kidz
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:14 AM

BUMP!

Luv.My.Kidz
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:50 PM

If it's something I have to put money into.... I can't do it :( I need something right now that is stable. The reason I hate the company is because every 6 months I have to fight to keep my schedule that I was promised when I first started almost 2 years ago. If they would keep me at 8a-1p or even 7a-12p M-F everything would be perfect!

Quoting ugetpaid:

My father-in-law, who never interferes , said that children need "structure" and the closer I get to creating a firm schedule the easier my day will be. By following his  advice I have found that my day is easier and my children are actually much happier and well behaved. Also, you say you hate the company and when you are doing something you don't like doing it will always be a pain. I also earn money from home but my job is done before I finish my first cup of coffee. You are working too many hours doing something you hate and that can only lead to frustration. If you would like to try something a little different and a lot more rewarding I would be happy to help.

Ingrid 

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! Follow me at MyFitnessPal

Wedding Countdown Ticker

WendyinCanada
by New Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Contact TylerandMimiFord.com or  the person who enrolled you. 

Luv.My.Kidz
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:16 PM

for what?

Quoting WendyinCanada:

Contact TylerandMimiFord.com or  the person who enrolled you. 

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! Follow me at MyFitnessPal

Wedding Countdown Ticker

elizabooks
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:45 AM
van you arrange a set play date for those times? anyone around who can referee one day? how old are your kids? can you set them into a structured play/ school activities so you canwork?
Luv.My.Kidz
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:14 AM

There isn't anyone that I can have playdates with my boys. My boys are 12 & 7 almost 13 & 8 (in less than a month).... I honestly shouldn't have these issues with them. But they fight and cause issues daily with eachother that it drives me insane!

Quoting elizabooks:

van you arrange a set play date for those times? anyone around who can referee one day? how old are your kids? can you set them into a structured play/ school activities so you canwork?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

WendyinCanada
by New Member on May. 10, 2013 at 12:21 AM

If your upline is successful they will help you succeed. 

I know Tyler and Mimi Ford ... if you do not have help they might be able to help you. 

Then you will not go insane. 

Luv.My.Kidz
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:15 AM

I'm succeeding fine with BBVi.... it's my schedule between work, bbvi and my kids. My upline is helping me fine!

Quoting WendyinCanada:

If your upline is successful they will help you succeed. 

I know Tyler and Mimi Ford ... if you do not have help they might be able to help you. 

Then you will not go insane. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

KonradsMommy
by New Member on May. 10, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I work from home and have a webpage about working from home (workfromhomeme.com).  I usually set out little blocks of time (almost uninterupted) for them to have downtime.  This is when they usually watch a short DVD, play legos, cars or something else that they can do together or seperately.  My kids are 2 and 6 so anything more than 2 hours ends up in them needing something or fighting.  I try to keep them active before downtime doing things playing outside, going to the library or dancing =)  

In the past, I tried to do a lot more work with them awake.  It really just ended up with me being frustrated, which isn't good for anyone.  So now I do most of my work when the little one is napping (that'll be ending soon) or at night.  I learned that if I work with them sleeping or having downtime I am 300% more productive then when they are awake needing me.  

It's a tough balance mentally, physically and financially working from home.

Is there maybe someone you can exchange daycare with - like you watch their kids in the afternoon/evening and they watch yours in the morning?  

Luv.My.Kidz
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 1:51 PM

:( unfotunately there isn't anyone that I can do swap daycare with. Everyone I know works the times I do. Luckily I'm starting a new job that's a lot more flexible so I'll be able to work while my DF is home so that someone is always with the boys.

Quoting KonradsMommy:

I work from home and have a webpage about working from home (workfromhomeme.com).  I usually set out little blocks of time (almost uninterupted) for them to have downtime.  This is when they usually watch a short DVD, play legos, cars or something else that they can do together or seperately.  My kids are 2 and 6 so anything more than 2 hours ends up in them needing something or fighting.  I try to keep them active before downtime doing things playing outside, going to the library or dancing =)  

In the past, I tried to do a lot more work with them awake.  It really just ended up with me being frustrated, which isn't good for anyone.  So now I do most of my work when the little one is napping (that'll be ending soon) or at night.  I learned that if I work with them sleeping or having downtime I am 300% more productive then when they are awake needing me.  

It's a tough balance mentally, physically and financially working from home.

Is there maybe someone you can exchange daycare with - like you watch their kids in the afternoon/evening and they watch yours in the morning?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN