Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Debt payoff trackers

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:51 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am looking for a good debt payoff tracker.  Anyone know of any?  I recently got divorced and am going to start digging out of this hole, for good!

Also, anyone have any experience with Manilla.com or the like?  I am interested in it....

Thanks!

by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on May. 6, 2013 at 8:54 PM

We used Dave Ramsey techniques...we are debt free except a very small mortgage

wenas5
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Buy a blank journal and write down every bill in one row, with date and amount due.

On another page write down every source of income. [ support, job, etc. ]

Line up some old jars or large envelopes or something and label each one. [ Food, Car, Housing, etc. ]

Divide up your money into each container and that will be your budget limit.

Use "zero" credit/debit cards ... CASH only [ a check, if mailing ] . Pay highest interest rate bills 1st. NEVER pay late, as they will jump the % rate very high and make it impossible to pay off.

Once a year, call each creditor and see if they will adjust the % down or are running a "special" promotion that will lower the monthly bill. [ cable, TV, internet, etc . ]

Call and have the water, electric, gas bills put on  "budget billing" , where you pay the same amount every month, all year long.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I follow Dave Ramsey (Highly recommend that you read Total Money Makeover) and I use youneedabudget.com to track my expenses.  YNAB does have a lot of free live and recorded classes to help you with their philosphy and software.  And you can use their software for 30 days free to see if you like it.

Best of luck to you! =0)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)