Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank
Our household expenses are rent is $1, 415 a month. My cell phones (3 lines)is $215, cable $159, car insurance$110, electric $80-100. Not to mention miscellaneous expenses throughout the month. What do your monthly expenses total out to be? What can you live without or cut back on?
by on May. 11, 2013 at 5:17 AM
Replies (41-42):
KatLee42513
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:12 AM
I completely understand :) I'm just trying to spread the word. The smaller the mail volume goes down the more jobs get the boot. My brother in law us a car technician and even though we know how to work on cars we like to take them to get fixed once in a while to help the economy :).

Quoting SAHM2011:

no, I've never thought of that honestly. I didn't know that it causes job loss. I've always just used online because it was so much easier. 

Quoting KatLee42513:

My husband works for USPS so does tons of husbands out there. Have you ever thought about paying some ofnur bills through the mail to help jobs? If more ppl pay online more ppl lose jobs.

Quoting SAHM2011:

Rent- 350.00

Car payment- 357.00

car insurance (on both)- 182.00

cell phones- 175.00

electric- 115.00

credit card payment- 30.00

health insurances- 120.00

food - 400.00

Internet- 45.00

Total: 1774.00

The only thing we could cut out is internet. The main reason we have it is because I pay most of the bills online. 

Food is down to a meal plan. we very seldom buy sodas or junk foods. Because we have Iphones there isn't much of a choice. We're still under contract so we can't downgrade. Which we plan on doing after our contracts are up. Going to pre-paid that is. The service is relatively the same in the area that we live in. 

Of course the car payment will be gone in less than 6 months. Thank god! It will make things alot easier. 

SAHM2011
by Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:04 PM

that's awesome of you though! I'm sure alot of people aren't aware of that. Yea I understand, my husband is decent on cars but I would rather take it to a shop for an oil change or have my tune up or breaks changed. It makes sense. 

Quoting KatLee42513:

I completely understand :) I'm just trying to spread the word. The smaller the mail volume goes down the more jobs get the boot. My brother in law us a car technician and even though we know how to work on cars we like to take them to get fixed once in a while to help the economy :).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)